LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., April 30, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Super Early-Bird Registration is open for IEEE Computer Society's Rock Stars of Cybersecurity, a one-day event featuring well-known cybersecurity thought leaders who will share best practice and insights for securing operations and responding to today's security threats.
Cyberthreats are on the rise, and the need to secure business operations from threats is even more critical. At Rock Stars of Cybersecuity, attendees will learn:
- Effective strategies for securing business operations
- New and innovative approaches to responding to today's security threats
- How government agencies are balancing cybersecurity threats and privacy
- How to implement a secure enterprise architecture
- Big data's implications for security analytics, and more.
The one-day event at Austin's Brazos Hall will include networking opportunities and high-level speakers from government and industry, including:
- Peter Allor, Cyber Security Strategist - Federal, IBM
- Peter Fonash, Chief Technology Officer, US Department of Homeland Security
- Peder Jungck, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, BAE
- Sarath Geethakumar, Senior Director – Global Information Security, VISA,
- Gary McGraw, Chief Technology Officer CTO, Cigital, and
- Brett Wahlin, Vice President and Chief Information Security Office, HP.
For a limited time, attendees can take advantage of Super Early-Bird registration and save more than 30 percent off full price. Register at the affordable rate of $279 — for an entire day's worth of presentations, networking, and more. Team, member, and student pricing are also available. Register now at http://www.computer.org/Cyber-Security
.About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading computing membership organization and the trusted information and career-development source for a global workforce of technology leaders including: professors, researchers, software engineers, IT professionals, employers, and students. The unmatched source for technology information, inspiration, and collaboration, the IEEE Computer Society is the source that computing professionals trust to provide high-quality, state-of-the-art information on an on-demand basis. The Computer Society provides a wide range of forums for top minds to come together, including technical conferences, publications, and a comprehensive digital library, unique training webinars, professional training, and the TechLeader Training Partner Program to help organizations increase their staff's technical knowledge and expertise, as well as the personalized information tool myComputer. To find out more about the community for technology leaders, visit http://www.computer.org.
Media Contact: Margo McCall, IEEE Computer Society, (714) 816-2182, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE IEEE Computer Society