BENTON HARBOR, Mich., July 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- With gallons of milk, snacks, frozen foods and produce for an entire family, you need a refrigerator that can fit – and organize – it all. With many family members home from work and school and the height of the summer entertaining season upon us, Whirlpool brand introduces its newest side-by-side refrigerator - large enough to hold all of your party platters at once or enough food to feed the favorite tastes of the entire family.
The industry's largest capacity side-by-side refrigerator* can hold multiple party platters, store produce in the industry's largest crisper** and keep up to 10 gallons of milk or juice cold. Key features include:
- Storage space – The side-by-side refrigerator features the industry's largest crisper** with an extra-deep drawer design that can hold 85 medium sized apples and up to five gallon door bins that will each hold two 1-gallon containers. And with wide open doors, consumers will never have a problem housing summer party leftovers like apple pie or quenching their thirst for a cool drink on a hot day.
- Counter depth – The side-by-side refrigerator combines counter depth styling with a full capacity refrigerator allowing consumers to put the appliance virtually flush with their counters and save up to 5 ft. of kitchen space. More room to party!
- Spill Control – With so many hands in and out of the fridge, Whirlpool's MicroEdge™ spill control shelves give your fridge 25 percent extra shelf space*** and exclusive spill control to help prevent leaks.
- FreshFlow – All those leftovers can leave a funky odor. Whirlpool's FreshFlow™ air filter is 15 times more powerful than baking soda at removing common food odors by circulating air through a carbon-based filter. For optimal performance, replace your filter every six months.
"The side-by-side is great for large families who love entertaining and feeding large groups," says Clara Spaanstra, Senior Brand Manager, Whirlpool Kitchen. "With the growing trend of buying in bulk to save money, Whirlpool is committed to providing consumers all the space they need for their favorite groceries."
And don't forget, an organized fridge operates more efficiently and saves you time. The experts at the Whirlpool Institute of Kitchen Science recommend the following:
- When in doubt, throw it out. Use the three "E" rules as your guidelines – if it's expired, empty or makes you say "ew," toss it.
- Location, location, location. Group similar items together. Keep proteins towards the bottom of the refrigerator, since this is the coldest part in the appliance. Condiments and dressings are perfect for the door, as these items can tolerate temperature changes caused by opening and closing the door.
- Save some green and the environment. Purchase reusable water bottles for family members and make use of the easy to access ice and water dispenser. You can save up to $600 per year when you change your PUR refrigerator water filter twice a year compared to buying the same amount of leading brand bottled water.
July is Whirlpool's Change Your Refrigerator Water Filter month. To celebrate, Whirlpool will be hosting a Twitter party on Tuesday, July 26 from 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. EDT. Use the hashtag #filterfresh to join the conversation and enter for a chance to win a brand new Whirlpool side by side refrigerator. Whirlpool brand side-by-side refrigerators are available at retailers nationwide. For more information visit www.whirlpool.com or www.facebook.com/whirlpool.
*Among freestanding side-by-side refrigerators.
**Among leading brand side-by-side refrigerators.
***Compared to Whirlpool side-by-side models without MicroEdge™ shelves.
About Whirlpool Brand
Whirlpool Corporation is the world's leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, with annual sales of approximately $18 billion in 2010, 71,000 employees, and 66 manufacturing and technology research centers around the world. Whirlpool brand recognizes that consumers lead busy, active lives and continues to create solutions that help consumers optimize productivity and efficiency in the home. In addition to designing appliance solutions based on consumer insight, Whirlpool brand is dedicated to creating ENERGY STAR® qualified appliances like the new Duet® washer which uses 82 percent less water and 81 percent less energy than a traditional top load washer manufactured before 2004. Whirlpool is one of Habitat for Humanity's largest corporate partners, donating a refrigerator and range to every new Habitat for Humanity home built in North America. For more information on Whirlpool brand please visit www.whirlpool.com or find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/whirlpool. Additional information about the company can be found at www.whirlpoolcorp.com.
About Whirlpool Corporation's 100th Anniversary
Founded on Nov. 11, 1911, Whirlpool Corporation has influenced home and family life during the last century. The company is driven by the belief that everyone needs a comfortable place to call home and has a 100 year history of creating better ways of cooking, cleaning, refrigerating and storing. Whirlpool Corporation is focused on improving lives one person, one family, one home, one community at a time.
SOURCE Whirlpool Corporation