SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing highlights its end-to-end infrastructure solutions for Enterprise, Data Center and Cloud environments this week at Intel Developer Forum (IDF) 2015 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco , California. Supermicro solutions such as their 1U Ultra architecture 10x NVMe SuperServer, 2U Ultra 24x NVMe SuperServer®, 7U SuperBlade® supporting 42x/30x NVMe, 1U 4x Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor SuperServer with pioneering non-preheat GPU architecture, also compatible with soon-to-be-launched Intel® media processing card code-named Valley Vista, 3U/6U MicroBlade (MBI-6118D-T4H, MBI-6118D-T2H) with Citrix® virtual desktop demo, 4U 4-Way, 6TB 96x DIMM SuperServer and 4U 90x 3.5" top-load hot-swap HDD JBOD will be on display in their main booth. Featured in the Intel® Network Builders Community will be a demo of the 2U Hyper-Speed Ultra SuperServer® along with the 48x port 10GbE/ 6x port 40GbE Cumulus Linux ready (SSE-X3648SR) advanced SDN switch. A selection of embedded server solutions and IoT Gateway (SYS-E100-8Q) device will be on display in the Internet of Things (IoT) Community, and additional 1U 2x NVMe Ultra SuperServer (SYS-1028U-TNRT+), 7U 42x NVMe (SBI-7428R-C3N, SBI-7428R-T3N) SuperBlade® and 30x NVMe (SBI-7128R-C6N) SuperBlade® will be exhibited in the NVM Express™ (NVMe) Community. In addition Supermicro will demo its latest Redfish 1.0 solution for remote systems management in hyper-scale data centers and present details at its Gold Sponsor Session (GSSS002), Tuesday August 18th, 2:30pm - Applying Systems Management for Optimized Data Center Architecture.
"Supermicro's technology leadership in Green Computing products, solutions and services address our customer's greatest demands and challenges in the evolving data driven, information economy," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our 1U Ultra SuperServer supporting 10x hot-swap NVMe drives, 42x/30x NVMe SuperBlade, Intel Xeon processor-based 56 node MicroBlade in 6U, SDN capable 40GbE switches and data collecting IoT gateway products are prime examples of the innovations in performance, density and efficiency we achieve through our engineering expertise and collaboration with industry partners such as Intel. With end-to-end advanced technology platforms, global support services, and expanding integration of key open standards based software such as Redfish and OpenStack, Supermicro is streamlining the path to total infrastructure solutions."
"The Intel Developer Forum provides an excellent opportunity to learn about the latest innovations from Intel and the industry," said Lisa Spelman, general manager of Data Center Marketing at Intel. "Our broad collaboration with Supermicro at IDF is a perfect testament of this cutting edge innovation with multiple demonstrations of Intel architecture-based Supermicro solutions on display showcasing next generation capabilities for the data center."
IDF 2015 Product Highlights Main Booth (#700)
- (NEW) 2U Ultra SuperServer® (SYS-2028U-TN24RT+) 24x NVMe – Supports dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1.5TB ECC, up to DDR4 2133MHz in 24x DIMMs, 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots (FH 10.5" L), 1x PCI-E 3.0 x8 slot (LP), 2x 10GBase-T ports, 24+2 x 2.5" hot-swap drive bays, 24x NVMe ports (12x NVMe from CPU 1, 12x NVMe from CPU 2 - 4x hybrid ports for optional SAS3/SATA3), 2x SATA3 (rear IO), 1600W Redundant Power Supplies Titanium Level (96%)
- 1U Ultra SuperServer® (SYS-1028U-TN10RT+) 10x NVMe – Supports dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1.5TB ECC, up to DDR4 2133MHz in 24x DIMMs, 3x PCI-E 3.0 x8 slots (2x FH 10.5" L, 1x LP) 2x 10GBase-T ports,10x 2.5" hot-swap drive bays, 6x NVMe ports (NVMe from CPU 1), 4x NVMe/SAS3 hybrid ports for optional SAS3/SATA3 (NVMe from CPU 2), 1000W Redundant Power Supplies Titanium Level (96%)
- 1U SuperServer® (SYS-1028GQ-TR/-TRT) Whitepaper 4x Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor – A new high-density 4x Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor 1U SuperServer which maximizes performance and density through pioneering non-preheat coprocessors architecture and PCIe direct connect (no extension cables, re-drivers, or bridge chips) for lowest latency. Also compatible with soon-to-be-launched Intel® media processing card code-named Valley Vista targeting applications such as high-efficiency video coding (HEVC) and advanced video coding (AVC) in the Cloud.
- 3U/6U MicroBlade – a powerful, flexible, all-in-one total system features industry-leading energy efficiency and density – 0.05U (Atom C2000), 0.1U (Xeon-D), 0.2U (Xeon E5-2600 v3, Xeon E3-1200 v4/v3). The MicroBlade enclosure can incorporate 1 Chassis Management Module, and up to 2x 25/10/2.5/1GbE SDN switches in 3U or up to 2 Chassis Management Modules, and up to 4 SDN Switches in 6U for efficient, high-bandwidth communications. It can incorporate up to 4 or 8 redundant (N+1 or N+N) 2000W/1600W Titanium/Platinum Level high-efficiency (96%/95%) power supplies with cooling fans. This innovative new generation architecture includes servers, networking, storage, and unified remote management for cloud computing, dedicated hosting, web front end, content delivery, social networking, enterprises, and high performance computing applications.
- MBI-6128R-T2/-T2X – performance oriented solution with highest density up to 196 Intel® Xeon® DP nodes (5488) cores) per 42U rack with 95% cable reduction – supports dual Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v3 (up to 120W, 14 cores) with 1GbE and 10GbE options. It is perfect for enterprise as well as cloud computing applications.
- MBI-6218G-T41X, MBI-6118G-T41X – high density, low power solution featuring 56/28 Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1500 (Broadwell-DE) based servers in 6U (up to 392 computing nodes per 42U rack) or 28/14 servers in 3U with 10GbE. It is a cost effective solution for scale-out cloud workloads.
- MBI-6118D-T2H/-T4H – supporting Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v4 and 4th Gen. Core™ i3 (up to 84W TDP), this UP MicroBlade stands second to none in its class. Features include Power Efficiency with 14nm technology, improved performance, coherency and balance of CPU and GPU Graphics via package interconnect shared L3 Cache and 128MB Graphic embedded cache. A simpler CPU subset and Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics P6300 in an interconnect package enable key technologies for the best server performance per watt per flop with great graphics emphasis.
- MBI-6118D-T2/-T4 – high-density, single-socket server solution supporting Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v3 and 4th Gen. Core™ i3 (up to 84W TDP). Up to 196 Denlow UP nodes per 42U rack and 99% cable reduction. Optimized for Cloud based Web hosting, VDI, gaming and virtualized workstations.
- MBI-6418A-T7H/-T5H – ultra low power & cost-effective solution using 8-Core Intel® Atom™ Processor C2000, with up to 112 nodes in 6U (up to 784 computing nodes per 42U rack) enclosure. It is a perfect solution for such cloud applications as dedicated hosting, Web serving, memory caching, content delivery, etc.
- 4U 4-Way (SYS-4048B-TRFT/-TR4FT) – Quad Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800/4800 v3 (v2 -TRFT) (18-core, 165W TDP) processors, 6TB in 96x DDR3 1600MHz (-TRFT) or DDR4 1866MHz ECC RDIMMs/LRDIMMs, 48x 2.5" or 24x 3.5" (SYS-8048B-TRFT/-TR4FT) hot-swap HDD/SSD bays, and optional 8x 8TB PCIe NVMe cards for low latency and high-performance in-memory workloads. Optimized for large scale mission critical in-memory computing, virtualization, ERP/CRM, Financial Analysis applications in Enterprise, Data Center, Cloud, and HPC environments.
- 4U SuperStorage (SC946ED-R2KJBOD) 90x 3.5" Top-Load, Hot-Swap SAS 3.0 12Gb/s HDD JBOD – Tool-less design features dual hot-swappable expander modules for high-availability, 4x Mini SAS HD ports per module, and redundant 1000W (2+2) Titanium Level high-efficiency (96%) digital power supplies
- 7U SuperBlade® – advantages include maximum density, maximum performance, lowest management costs, lower power consumption, optimal ROI, higher availability, and better scalability. SuperBlade servers support latest Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2600 v3 and are available in NVMe DataCenter Blade® (SBI-7428R-C3N, SBI-7428R-T3N), TwinBlade® (SBI-7228R-T2F/-T2F2/-T2X), Intel® Xeon Phi™ Blade (SBI-7128RG-X/-F/-F2), and StorageBlade with NVMe support (SBI-7128R-C6N). 7U enclosure features latest Mellanox® EDR 100Gb/s InfiniBand and FDR 56Gb/s InfiniBand switches, FCoE and 10Gb/s Ethernet switches, redundant chassis management module (CMM) and Titanium Level 3200W and Platinum Level 3000W/2500W (N+N or N+1 redundant) power supplies.
- Motherboards – Dual (DP) and Single (UP) Processor
- Enterprise-class DP supporting Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 X10DAi, X10DRG-Q, X10DAC, X10DRX, X10DRL-i, X10DRH-iT, X10DRH-CT, X10DRH-CLN4, X10DAX; UP Intel® Xeon® processor D-1540 X10SDV-TLN4F, Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3/E51600v3/4th Gen. Core™ i7 X10SRA
- Gaming and Desktop UP supporting Intel® 6th Gen Core™ i7/i5/i3 series processors C7Z170-SQ, Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3/E51600v3/4th Gen. Core™ i7 C7X99-OCE
- Next generation compact UP/embedded server boards supporting Intel® Pentium® Processor N3700 (6W) formerly code-named Braswell X11SBA-LN4F, future Intel® 6th Gen Core™ i7/i5/i3 series processors X11SSQ, X11SSV-Q, X11SSZ-QF and future Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v5 product families, X11SSZ-F/-TLN4F and X11SSH-LN4F
NVM Express™ (NVMe) Community (#873)
- 7U 42x/30x NVMe SuperBlade® - (SBI-7428R-C3N) 3x hot-plug NVMe or SAS3, HW RAID 0, 1, 5; (SBI-7428R-T3N) 3x hot-plug NVMe or SATA3, RAID 0, 1, 5, (SBI-7128R-C6N) 6x hot-plug 2.5" hot-swap drive bays - 3x NVMe/SAS3 + 3x SAS3, HW RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 with optional SuperCap
- 1U Ultra (SYS-1028U-TNRT+) – Supports dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1.5TB ECC, up to DDR4 2133MHz in 24x DIMMs, 2x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots (FH, 10.5" L), 2x PCI-E 3.0 x8 slots (LP, 1 internal), 2x 10GBase-T ports, 10x Hot-swap 2.5" Drive Bays, Default 8x SATA3 ports and 2x NVMe/SATA3 hybrid ports, optional 8x SAS3 ports via AOC, 750W Redundant Power Supplies Platinum Level (94%+)
Internet of Things (IoT) Community (#102)
- IOT Gateway (SYS-E100-8Q) – Compact, Ultra Low-Power, Fanless Edge to Cloud Mesh Network Device. Supports 2.2W Intel® Quark™ X1021 SoC, 512MB DDR3 ECC memory, 1x Micro SDHC up to 32GB, 2x Mini-PCI-E slots, 1x ZigBee module socket, TPM 1.2, 2x 10/100Mbps RJ45, Operating Temperature 0°C to 50°C
- 1U Short-Depth SuperServer® (SYS-5018D-FN4T) – Space-efficient, compact embedded server for Cloud/Virtualization/NAS applications in SOHO, Corporate environments. Supports Intel® Xeon® processor D-1540 (8-Core, 45W), 2x 3.5" or 4x 2.5" SATA3 drive bays; 3.5" peripheral bay, 2.5" optional 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slot, up to 128GB ECC RDIMM DDR4 2133MHz or 64GB ECC/non-ECC UDIMM in 4 sockets, dual 10GbE LAN, dual port GbE LAN, DOM power connector, 200W Low-noise power supply w/ PFC
- Compact Embedded System for Digital Signage, Indoor Kiosk (SYS-E200-8B) – Supports single Intel® Celeron™ J1900 (4-core, 10W), 1x 2.5" internal drive bay, up to 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC SO-DIMM in 2 socket, 1x Mini-PCIe and 1x mSATA slot, 2x SATA 2.0, 4x SATA 3.0 (RAID 0, 1, 10), 2x GbE, 1x HDMI, 1x Display Port, 1x VGA, 1x USB 3.0 and 1x USB 2.0 ports, 1x SATA DOM support, 60W DC power adapter
- Compact next generation embedded servers (SYS-5029S-TN2, SYS-1019S-M2, SYS-5019S-M2) – Supports Intel® 6th Gen Core™ i7/i5/i3 series processors for Digital Video Surveillance, Cloud-based NAS, Medical IT, Military and Machine Automation appliances/applications
Intel® Network Builders Community (#152)
- 2U Hyper-Speed Ultra SuperServer® (SYS- 6028UX-TR4) – Dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3, up to 1TB ECC, up to DDR4 2133MHz in16x DIMMs, 3x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slot (FH, 10.5" L), 3x PCI-E 3.0 x8 slots (1 in x16 FH 10.5" L, 1 LP, 1 Internal LP), 4x GbE ports, 12x hot-swap 3.5" drive bays: SATA3 default, 12x SAS3 opt., 4x NVMe opt. via AOC, 4x heavy duty fans w/ optimal fan speed control, 1000W Redundant Titanium Level (96%) high-efficiency power supplies.
- Network Switches – 1U Top-of-Rack Switches in front or reverse airflow configurations SSE-X3648S/SR Layer 2/3, 48x 10GbE/6x 40GbE ports, SDN capable; SSE-X3348T/TR Layer 3, 48x 10GbE/4x 40GbE; SSE-X3348S/SR Layer 3 48x 10GbE/6x 40GbE ports; SSE-X24SR Layer 3, 24x 10GbE. Also SSE-G48-TG4 Layer 2/3 48x 1GbE/4x 10GbE ports; SSE-G24-TG4 Layer 2/3 24x 1GbE/4x 10GbE ports; SSE-G2252P Layer 2, 52x 1GbE - 48 w/Power-over-Ethernet (PoE)
Server Management Software – Server Management Software: Supermicro Server Manager (SSM) manages a wide portfolio of Supermicro servers deployed across datacenters and enables remote health monitoring, power management and firmware upgrades with a single console. SSM through automation capabilities such as REST API and CLI accelerates deployment and maintenance of servers from independent nodes to Hyperscale clusters. SSM is also packaged with Supermicro Power Manager (SPM) that can manage power on heterogeneous server vendor products and Supermicro Update Manager (SUM) that provides strong CLI interfaces for firmware upgrades. Supermicro is an active promoter of Redfish standards as part of its efforts to meet the systems management requirements for hyper-scale Datacenters solutions. This often includes large server clusters deployed using workflows dictated by DevOps and SysOps. Supermicro will support Redfish RESTful APIs across our X10 and later generation server product lines including Ultra, TwinPro™ and other platforms with official firmware releases.
Visit Supermicro at Intel Developer Conference in San Francisco, CA August 18th through the 20th at Moscone Center West, Booths #700, #873, #102, and #152. For more information on Supermicro's complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage and Networking solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Super Micro Computer, Inc.