SuperShuttle now serving Boston Logan International Airport
PHOENIX, Jan. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SuperShuttle, the only national shared-ride service, is now available at Boston Logan International Airport to and from the Greater Boston area.
For airport ground transportation in Boston passengers can book online at http://www.supershuttle.com, via mobile app, or by calling 1-800-BLUEVAN (1-800-258-3826).
Trips booked online or via mobile app for SuperShuttle are eligible for earning airline miles or points on participating carriers including; Delta Air Lines SkyMiles®, Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns®, Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards®, United Airlines MileagePlus®, or US Airways Dividend Miles® programs.
How to Get to SuperShuttle After You Land:
- Term A: Exit Door A 102 and cross two traffic islands to meet your van
- Term B1: Exit Door B104 on arrivals level and follow the pedestrian crosswalk into the parking garage to meet your van.
- Term B2: Exit Door B113 on arrivals level and follow the pedestrian crosswalk into the parking garage to meet your van
- Term C: Exit Door C 203 on upper level Follow crosswalk to 3rd traffic island to meet your van.
- Term E: Please exit Door E 104 Cross two traffic islands to meet your van.
SuperShuttle International, based in Phoenix, is a division of Veolia Transportation On Demand. SuperShuttle serves over 42 airports, carrying more than eight million passengers a year. SuperShuttle also provides ExecuCar (sedan service) at all airports served by SuperShuttle including some of the largest in the country Los Angeles, New York, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Washington, D.C. and San Francisco. SuperShuttle is also available in Paris, France, Cancun and Los Cabos, Mexico. ExecuCar is available in over 62 Airports.
Veolia Transportation, Inc.
Veolia Transportation is the leading provider of passenger ground transportation services on the North American continent, operating bus, rail, taxi, shuttle and para-transit systems in over 120 locations in the US and Canada. Veolia Transportation entered the North American market in 2001 and has quickly expanded to a national presence, with over 16,000 employees and annual revenues approaching $1 billion.
SOURCE SuperShuttle International