ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Citizens for Religious Freedom and Non-Discrimination announced today expanded endorsement for Amendment 8.
New supporters for the amendment include Florida Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services Adam Putnam, along with the Liberty Council, Florida Eagle Forum, Florida Family Association, North Florida Tea Party and North Americans of Faith Alliance Political Action Committee (NAFAPC).
"It is most rewarding to welcome these new endorsers," said Amendment 8 Campaign Manager Jim Frankowiak. "These actions enhance the broad-based recognition of the importance of the amendment and its impact on Floridians today and into the future. It also supports the need to permanently end religious discrimination in our state."
- Florida Chamber of Commerce
- James Madison Institute
- Former Fl. Governor Jeb Bush
- U.S. Senator Marco Rubio
- Speaker Designate Will Weatherford
- Fl. Senators Thad Altman and Anitere Flores
- Fl. Representatives Steve Precourt and Scott Plakon
- Fl. CFO Jeff Atwater
- Mike Hill, former member Florida Advisory Committee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
- Florida Baptist Convention
- Florida Family Action
- Florida Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Catholic Association of Latino Leaders
- Catholics Called 2 Witness
- United Christians of Florida
- Faith and Freedom Coalition
- Christian Family Coalition
- Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America
- Agudath Israel of Florida
Groups opposing Amendment 8 include the Americans United for Separation of Church and State, The Secular Coalition for America, Planned Parenthood, the American Civil Liberties Union of Florida, Florida Atheists and Secular Humanists, the Southeastern Area Anti-Defamation League. Other opponents include The Public Education Defense Fund, Florida Education Association and other school boards in Florida who erroneously believe the amendment will open the door for school vouchers.
Yes on 8
Citizens for Religious Freedom and Non-Discrimination ("Yes on 8") is focused on ending discrimination against religious organizations and preserving much-need social services through the passage of Amendment 8. Visit www.sayyeson8.com and on Facebook and Twitter @sayyeson8.
Lesley S. Bateman
SOURCE Citizens for Religious Freedom and Non-Discrimination