SUPREME COMMANDER 2 Now Available for Xbox 360
Square Enix and Gas Powered Games Deliver the Next Dimension of Real-Time Strategy Games
LOS ANGELES, March 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in North America, announced that SUPREME COMMANDER® 2 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft is now available at North American retailers. Created by critically-acclaimed developer Gas Powered Games®, SUPREME COMMANDER 2 is the next installment in the award-winning SUPREME COMMANDER franchise, set 25 years further into the future.
Elevating real-time strategy games to the next dimension, SUPREME COMMANDER 2 brings a new level of emotional connection and accessibility to the genre. The game features numerous enhancements as well as an in-depth campaign mode, unique storyline, and riveting online multiplayer. Players will experience brutal battles on a massive scale as they assume the role of one of the three enigmatic commanders, each representing a unique faction. SUPREME COMMANDER 2 is a fully customizable experience, allowing players to create enormous armies and experimental war machines that can change the balance of power at any given moment. The rich storyline will challenge players to decide where their loyalties lie.
SUPREME COMMANDER 2 is the result of a strategic partnership, combining Square Enix's expertise in character development and storytelling with the RTS expertise and creative talent at Gas Powered Games. This launch is part of Square Enix's ongoing commitment to offer a broader variety of games across different genres to users around the globe.
About SUPREME COMMANDER 2
Set 25 years after the end of the Infinite War, SUPREME COMMANDER 2 starts with the galaxy reeling from the recent assassination of the newly elected president of the fragile Colonial Defense Coalition. The members of the Coalition – the United Earth Federation, The Illuminate and the Cybran Nation – blame each other, and the early rumbles of war can be heard throughout the galaxy.
- Take on the role of three enigmatic commanders; former friends from each of the unique factions -- The United Earth Federation (UEF), The Illuminate and the Cybran Nation -- who get dragged into a conflict of galactic consequences
- Explore a rich, character-driven single-player game which spans over 18 missions and delivers a new level of emotional connection to the RTS genre, or take the battle online for an exhilarating multi-player experience
- Fight action-packed battles on a massive scale, waging war with enormous land, air and naval units in visually spectacular environments, brought to life by all-new rendering technology and a true evolution of RTS controls on both platforms
- Upgrade and customize armies with new weapons and technology and deploy them instantly on the battlefield, turning a base-level tank into a high-powered, multi-barreled, anti-aircraft-sporting multipurpose battle unit
- Deploy wild experimental war machines that can change the balance of power at any given moment. Experience a streamlined economy and redesigned UI that put the focus squarely on combat, battlefield tactics and high-level strategic decision making, and give improved player feedback in Strategic Zoom view
- Command your armies with an innovative and intuitive control scheme specifically designed for Xbox 360. Xbox 360 RTS players will find that the familiar controls will enable them to jump right into the action
SUPREME COMMANDER 2 is rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. SUPREME COMMANDER 2 for is now available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $49.99 PC-DVD and $59.99 for Xbox 360. The official website can be found at http://www.supremecommander2.com.
About Square Enix Co., Ltd. and Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd., with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises – FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 96 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 53 million units worldwide – under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
Square Enix, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. with offices in Los Angeles, California. It handles operations in North America, including development, localization, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com.
About Gas Powered Games
Gas Powered Games (GPG) was founded in May 1998 by acclaimed game designer and industry visionary, Chris Taylor . The founding principle for GPG was to create immersive AAA games that push the boundaries of interactive entertainment. GPG is known for its popular Dungeon Siege® and Supreme Commander franchises, plus the recently released Demigod™. GPG is located in Redmond, Washington. For more information, visit www.gaspowered.com.
© 2010 Square Enix, Inc. Developed by Gas Powered Games Corp.
DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, SQUARE ENIX, and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. in the United States and/or other countries. SUPREME COMMANDER is a registered trademark of Square Enix, Inc. DEMIGOD, GAS POWERED GAMES and the GAS POWERED GAMES logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Gas Powered Games Corp. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
SOURCE Square Enix Co., Ltd.
More by this Source
FINAL FANTASY Now Available in Thai on iPhone and iPod Touch! -- on Sale for One Week Only!
Jan 30, 2013, 00:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.