Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing Industry in the US and its International Trade [2011 Q3 Edition]
NEW YORK, July 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
This 2011 publication of Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing Industry report is the comprehensive market research guide for the industry. It contains the latest information on the industry's key financial data, competitive landscape, cost and pricing, and trends during the current environment, including the output and shipment changes over the past months.
At 174 pages with over 150 charts and tables, the report covers topics such as current macroeconomic trends, granular product data, global trade, channel mix, government demand, and labor structure. It uses over a decade of historical data to forecast industry trends through 2015 on the domestic market, global market and overseas growth opportunities. This current report contains shipment data, inventory levels, international trade volume, and industry specific price indices available through July 2011. Industry analysts and Fortune 500 customers rely on this quarterly report to make accurate forecasts and planning in today's uncertain economy.
In this report, you will find industry data on the following major categories:
- Quick Industry Statistics: 2-page overview for the CEO on the run
- Supply & Demand with Capacity Utilization
- 2011-2015 Forecast
Industry Income Statement
- All relevant financial data including: Revenue, Cost of Materials, Labor Costs, Gross Profit, SG&A, Net Income, etc.
- 4-year Financials Comparison and Trends
Industry Balance Sheet
- Traditional key elements of Assets, Liabilities, and Equity
- Inventory fabrication stages
- Calculated balance sheet ratios
- Plant additions and expansions
- Computer and IT investments
- Machinery and Equipment for production and material handling
Industry Cost Analysis
- Upstream Industries and the cost allocations towards producer, wholesale, retail, and freight
- Materials and their percentage share of total material costs
Industry Pricing Analysis
- Producer Pricing Indices at industry, wholesale, and retail levels for comparison and trend forecasting
- Pricing Distribution among Downstream Industries differentiated at producer, wholesale, retail, and freight categories
Industry Foreign Trade
- Detailed Import/Export Data by commodities and by countries
- Mode of Shipment and insurance and freight costs
- Labor and Compensation Structure: productivity indices, hourly wages, production hours, output index, HR structure
- Establishments: Trends, Employee Statistics, State by State numbers
- Valued added statistics: industry GDP contribution
- Industry Concentration: HHI, number of companies, size distributions, market shares
- Major Players: company profiles and market size ranges
Definition & Classification
This U.S. industry comprises establishments primarily engaged in manufacturing medical, surgical, ophthalmic, and veterinary instruments and apparatus (except electrotherapeutic, electromedical and irradiation apparatus). Examples of products made by these establishments are syringes, hypodermic needles, anesthesia apparatus, blood transfusion equipment, catheters, surgical clamps, and medical thermometers. This 6-digit NAICS industry (339112) is under the hierarchy of Medical Equipment and Supplies Manufacturing Industry (33911), Miscellaneous Manufacturing Subsector (339), and the Manufacturing Sector (31-33). Its SIC equivalent codes are: 3829 - Measuring and Controlling Devices, NEC (medical thermometers); and 3841 - Surgical and Medical Instruments and Apparatus (except tranquilizer guns and operating room tables).
Revenue, Profitability & Foreign Trade Preview
The industry's revenue for the year 2010 was approximately $38.6 billion USD, with an estimated gross profit of 44.16%. Import was valued at $9.6 billion USD from 97 countries. The industry also exported $13.6 billion USD worth of merchandise to 191 countries. Adding import value to and subtracting export value from the industry's shipment value, the total domestic demand for the industry in 2010 was $34.7 billion USD.
This industry report contains 174 pages of in-depth market research with over 150 charts and tables. Presented are current and forecasted U.S. industry sales and shipment data, and its global trade statistics. For financial analysis, the report presents industry level income statements, balance sheets, and capital expenditure figures. In the cost analysis section, 61 upstream industries are analyzed to offer insight into the supply chain cost structure. For the channel and pricing structure, 27 downstream industries are analyzed. The competitive landscape section provides the number of companies and their respective revenue share, the market concentration, and a list of major players. Furthermore, products within the industry are listed with their respective market sizes and import and export data. The appendices contain relevant resources to additional trade statistics, U.S. State statistics, and industry trade associations.
Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturers, international top consulting firms, major retailers and wholesalers, professional trade associations, financial corporations, universities, governmental entities, start-ups and individuals. We are committed to providing the highest level of quality to all our clients and assure your satisfaction in the report delivering as promised.
Keywords: anesthesia, apparatus, blood, pressure, transfusion, equipment, bone, drills, plates, screws, rongeurs, bronchoscopes, except, electromedical, cannulae, catheters, clamps, corneal, microscopes, cystoscopes, eye, examining, instruments, forceps, gastroscopes, hypodermic, needles, syringes, inhalation, therapy, inhalators, mechanical, microsurgical, knives, thermometers, suture, ophthalmic, laser, ophthalmometers, ophthalmoscopes, optometers, oxygen, tents, pelvimeters, physiotherapy, electrotherapeutic, probes, retinoscopes, retractors, saws, skin, grafting, speculums, sphygmomanometers, stethoscopes, suction, knife, blades, handles, stapling, devices, tonometers, trocars, veterinarians, abbott, allergan, bard, bausch, baxter, becton, bio, boston, bristol, cooper, covidien, dickinson, edwards, electric, gen, general, hill, hospira, international, johnson, laboratories, lifesciences, lomb, myers, pall, probe, rad, rom, scientific, squibb, steris, stryker, teleflex
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626