GLENDALE, Calif., Oct. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Expensive facial cleansers, anti-aging night creams, lip plumpers, hair dyes—they all promise to preserve youth.
But the truth is, ageless beauty doesn't come in a high-priced jar or bottle. Beauty comes from confidence and healthy lifestyle choices that allow women of any age to feel their best inside and out.
MySilverAge.com recently worked with leading experts, including dermatologists and nutritionists, to provide beauty tips for older adults. From reducing wrinkles to maintaining radiant skin, here are four tips for looking beautiful and feeling great after 60.
- Vary Sleep Sides. Regularly switching sleep positions can help keep skin smooth and minimize wrinkles.
- Let Hair Breathe. A too-tight ponytail or bun can exacerbate breakage and cause hair to start receding at the crown. Let hair move freely, or sweep it up loosely.
- Take a Yoga Class. The fluidity of movement and deep breathing inherent in yoga practice increases circulation and oxygen to the skin, giving the complexion a healthy radiance.
- Don't Skip the Sunscreen. Even on overcast days, UVA rays penetrate the clouds and soak into the skin, increasing the likelihood of premature aging and skin cancer.
These subtle lifestyle changes can go far in improving health and self-esteem for those age 60 and older. In a new podcast from MySilverAge.com, Dr. Vivian Diller, former model, author and clinical psychologist in New York City, provides additional insight into the changing face of aging and advice on ways to build confidence. Dr. Diller describes:
- What it means to look and feel great as an older adult
- Tips for setting a positive example for younger generations
- Society's shifting perceptions of seniors and aging
To hear all of Dr. Diller's advice, download the free podcast, "How to Build Confidence as You Age."
MySilverAge, brought to you by be.group, is a Web site and online resource center designed to help seniors enjoy "what's next." MySilverAge brings together thought leaders on successful aging, the latest intelligence on senior living and health, and expert tips and advice for creating the kinds of home life, communities and relationships in which seniors can thrive.
As one of California's largest nonprofit providers of senior living communities, be.group is committed to creating communities and services that make the lives of older adults more fulfilling. be.group's dedicated, well-trained staff is devoted to helping its residents and clients find new ways to embrace life's possibilities and discover new options for exploring their potential. Follow @begroupliving on Twitter.