FRESNO, Calif., April 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- A new survey, sponsored by online lottery pool LottoLishus, asked 418 individuals between the ages of 18 and 60+ what they would do with their lottery winnings and what, or whom, they would be willing to live without.
The survey found that:
- Surprisingly, 58.37% said they would want to win the lottery over being famous (3.35%) or find the love of their life (38.28%). With all the people using online dating these days, it might be easier to win the lottery.
- 3.9% of people surveyed would give up their spouse for a lottery winning of less than $10,000, while 9.33% would give them up for $100 million or more. Fortunately, most people surveyed (77.99%) said they wouldn't give up their spouse for any amount. At least romance isn't completely dead.
- A vast majority of those surveyed (70%) said that money can't buy happiness, but 30% said it can get you pretty darn close.
While the survey asks standard "what would you do?" questions, it also asks some not-so-standard questions like which sports team would be purchased, (the Dallas Cowboys were highest at 30.38%) or what band they would have play a party (Rolling Stones at 44.02%). Granted, those last two would take a pretty sizeable win to pull off.
Other interesting findings:
- 62.68% of people, despite disliking their in-laws, would not give up their mother in law for any type of lottery winning. 13.64% said they would give her up for less than $10,000. Just enough to buy their spouse an apology gift.
- Pretend you just hit $100 million lottery jackpot. Which of these would you be most likely to do first?
Roll around naked in $100 bills (1.91%)
Give money to the homeless (12.20%)
Quit your job (24.88%)
Invest half of it (61%)
- What would you be most likely to do if you found a winning lottery ticket on the street?
Keep it for yourself (65.07%)
Try to find the owner (33.01%)
Destroy it (1.91%)
The survey was conducted online by Holos Research on behalf of LottoLishus. A total of 418 individuals were polled, with a margin of error of 5%.
For full survey results, please visit https://www.lottolishus.com/2015-annual-lottery-survey.
LottoLishus is changing the way people play lotteries through the world's largest online lottery pool. LottoLishus makes lottery pools easy and fun for families, friends, coworkers and people from around the world. With patent-pending technology in the palm of your hand, LottoLishus increases the chances of winning as the pool universe increases. Get in on the fun today by signing up at www.lottolishus.com.
Media Contact: Sara Gardner, Email, 1-888-317-4687 ext. 701.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/survey-finds-majority-of-people-would-rather-win-lottery-than-find-true-love-300064030.html