Survey Shows Couples Need to Rekindle Their Romance
Survey asks couples "When was the last time…" and finds it has been too long between candlelight dinners and romantic getaways
LAKEVILLE, Pa., May 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Although American couples are finding time for simple gestures such as saying "I love you," many are not enjoying the candlelight dinners, vacations and romantic getaways they need to reconnect and rekindle their romance, according to a new MarketTools Zoomerang survey conducted by Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts.
Though 81 percent of respondents held hands with their partner in the past week, and 59 percent said, "I love you" within the past day, romantic dates and getaways did not fare as well. Nearly half of respondents had not been on a vacation with just their partner within the past year, while more than half had not been out for a romantic dinner in six months or more.
The survey, which polled 525 people age 18 and over who were either married or in a committed relationship, found that couples in the 22-54 age ranges – prime years for working and raising children – are least likely to spring for a romantic date.
"Spending quality time with your spouse or significant other can get lost in the hustle and bustle of maintaining a job, taking care of children and paying bills," says Francis Cruz , a Romance Concierge at Paradise Stream, one of the three Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts located in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania. "Or perhaps couples are holding back on dinners and trips because of rising food and gasoline costs."
The survey found couples are taking time for little things:
- In the last week, 87 percent of couples said "I love you," 81 percent held hands and 90 percent hugged.
- 68 percent reported that they had taken a walk together within the last month.
Romantic dates and couples getaways appear to be lacking:
- 77 percent replied that it had been more than a month since they had been out to a candlelight dinner or other romantic date, while 22 percent admitted it had been over a year.
- 45 percent said it had been more than year – if ever – since they had been on vacation with just each other.
- 93 percent said it had been more than a month since they danced to "their song," and 27 percent admitted they have never done so.
- About 94 percent said they had not bought flowers for their significant other within the past month, and all respondents in the 18 to 24 age group said they have never bought flowers for their significant other.
- 46 percent said they had never made their partner breakfast in bed, while 25 percent reported it had been more than a year.
- 60 percent said it had been more than six months since they left a love note for their partner.
According to Merle Besecker , the "Love Doctor" at Cove Haven, couples need to find a way to plan romantic dates, vacations and spend more time alone, away from the children.
"When a getaway is not possible, my prescription is that they consider giving each other a 20-minute full body massage once a week, complete with candles and romantic music," Besecker said.
Cove Haven's Love Doctor and Romance Concierge are available for interviews and to prescribe cost-effective ways for couples to reconnect. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-559-7585.
Read full survey results at: CPResorts.com/Survey.
About Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts
The three couples-only resorts that make up Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts – Cove Haven Resort (Lakeville, PA), Paradise Stream Resort (Mount Pocono, PA) and Pocono Palace Resort (Marshalls Creek, PA) are the Pocono Mountains' leading romantic properties, featuring unique accommodations and popular all-inclusive packages. The world-famous, all-inclusive resorts are home to the seven-foot-tall Champagne Glass Whirlpool Bath-for-Two. All three resorts, which feature over 600 luxurious suites, are part of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc.'s hospitality brands—Sheraton, Westin, W, Four Points, Le Meridien , St. Regis and The Luxury Collection. For reservations or more information, call 1-800-972-7168 or visit CPResorts.com/press.
SOURCE Cove Haven Entertainment Resorts
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.