NEW YORK, May 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Today's children are surrounded by technology and the average household owns 7.3 screens according to a new report by ReportLinker.
Key findings show that:
TV and Tablets are competing:
- 93% of people own a TV but their homes also include an astonishing array of digital devices, such as smartphones (79%), laptops (78%), and tablets (68%).
- Children are still mostly drawn to television (62%), closely followed by tablets (58%), smartphones (39%), and video game (38%).
Where is the limit?
- 62% of children spend 3+ hours on a smartphone
- 57% of children spend 3+ hours a day playing video games
- And 45% of children who have devices in their bedroom use them 3 to 5 hours a day
What about the parents?
- 75% are positive towards their children's relationship with technology
- And 40% believe technology promotes school readiness and cognitive development
- Also, 31% believe their children are more isolated and have fewer social interactions because of the time they spend using tech devices
To see all the survey results click here.
About Reportlinker Insight:
Reportlinker Insight combines analysis and exclusive investigations. We cover innovations, social and economics megatrends to understand the world of tomorrow. For more information, please visit http://www.reportlinker.com/insight/.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/survey-the-average-household-owns-7-screens-300464065.html