Paul Miller and Lauren Nelson, senior analysts at Forrester Research, wrote, "CIOs from government, film and media, retail, finance and insurance, consumer goods, and manufacturing are among those moving beyond evaluations and pilots to adopt OpenStack-based clouds that meet the strategic requirements of their business." Earlier in the report, they wrote of OpenStack, "[It] offers CIOs a credible platform upon which they can drive the transformations required for their business to become innovative, agile, and truly responsive to evolving customer needs."*
Enhancements to SUSE OpenStack Cloud 7 will include:
- Full support for Docker, using Kubernetes as the container orchestration framework delivered via the integration of OpenStack Magnum. This provides customers with Container-as-a-Service capabilities to design and build new, innovative cloud-native workloads and applications and support DevOps processes and environments.
- Delivery of non-disruptive upgrade capabilities to avoid downtime and service interruption experienced when migrating to new OpenStack releases.
- Additional high availability capabilities, including HA protection for virtual machines and workloads to complement existing HA support for the control plane and compute nodes. This enables customers to move business-critical applications to their cloud with confidence.
- Integration of OpenStack Manila with CephFS, delivered through SUSE Enterprise Storage. This provides a unified storage environment that enables customers to run production workloads for block, object, and file storage within a single cluster to reduce capital and operation costs.
- Improved scalability providing deployment support across multiple data centers to enable users to access, manage and control multiple private clouds through a single user interface.
Kalyan Muppaneni, founder and CEO of Pi DATACENTERS, a state-of-the-art, greenfield data center and enterprise-class cloud service provider based in India, said, "The innovation and tailored cloud services we offer to our customers as part of our @PiCloud™ offering are backed by the agility and stability of SUSE OpenStack Cloud. Our solutions help customers be quicker to market, giving them a competitive edge in their respective industries. Be it for development of new containers for microservices-based apps or to host legacy workloads in the cloud, SUSE OpenStack Cloud provides the flexible, secure and rock-solid cloud platform that is just right for our customer needs."
SUSE is previewing SUSE OpenStack Cloud 7 Oct. 25-28 at OpenStack Summit in Barcelona in booth D27. The solution will be generally available in December. For more information, visit www.suse.com/cloud.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed – today and tomorrow. For more information, visit www.suse.com.
*"Brief: OpenStack Is Now Ready For Business," Forrester Research, Sept. 16, 2015
Copyright 2016 SUSE LLC. All rights reserved. SUSE and the SUSE logo are registered trademarks of SUSE LLC in the United States and other countries. All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150622/224623LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/suse-openstack-cloud-7-bringing-agility-and-innovation-to-software-defined-infrastructure-300350019.html