Swift Sets Aside Day For Service Around The Globe Employees in 22 offices across all continents answer call to help
HOUSTON, Sept. 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Swift Worldwide Resources, the premier supplier of manpower resources to the global Oil & Gas industry, recently celebrated its third annual "Swift Day," a day of giving back. On this day, hundreds of Swift employees from 23 offices across all continents were given the day off to volunteer in teams serving their local communities.
"At Swift we see ourselves and our clients as family – and our local communities are extended family," said Swift CEO Tobias Read. "We have had so much success as a company that I feel it's important to share our good fortune. Swift Day allows us to do that and have fun at the same time."
Each team from all of the Swift offices selects its own service project, empowering employees to support an organization or cause that is meaningful to them. Examples of initiatives taken around the world include:
- In Houston, the company's headquarter city, teams canvassed the area and did a variety of volunteer work, including clothing donations and event clean-up at Dress for Success, sack lunch preparations for Kids Meals Houston, food deliveries for Meals on Wheels, and food preparation at the Houston Food Bank.
- Swift's Team Calgary spent the day preparing a Franciscan monk retreat for the OneRock Festival. This included building trenches, cutting grass, digging fire pits, and even helping to level the grave of a priest.
- In Australia, animals were the focus as Swift's Perth office volunteered for the day at the Dogs Refuge home, which saves hundreds of unwanted, neglected, abandoned and abused dogs every year; while the Brisbane office volunteered raising funds for the RSPCA.
- Angolan Swifties organized a sports/fun day for 88 boys at the Centro de Acolhimento de Criancas Arnaldo Janssen (CACAJ), a home for boys who were found on the streets of Luanda.
- Swift energies were divided in the UK between the Parker Center, which provides services for people over 50 years old with dementia, and the Selby Center, which supports more than a 100 local organizations, social enterprises, community, sport and faith groups in one place.
- In Singapore, Swifties worked with Lion Befrienders, a voluntary welfare agency that gives aid to elderly people.
About Swift Worldwide Resources
Swift Worldwide Resources is the premier supplier of manpower resources to the global oil and gas industry. With more than 25 years focusing exclusively in this sector, a database of 200,000 skilled personnel, a dedicated contract and permanent recruitment division, a logistics infrastructure spanning the globe and quality procedures accredited to ISO 9001:2008, it provides a world class service - Whatever it takes, wherever it takes us. Swift is committed to investing in the local community and takes great pride in its ability to recruit, train and develop its national teams of workers. For more information, please visit www.swiftworldwideresources.com
SOURCE Swift Worldwide Resources