Symphony Park Celebrates Multiple National Honors
Streetscape Partners and Michael Harris Homes receive recognition for the community's spectacular design and architecture
BETHESDA, Md., Feb. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Unparalleled craftsmanship and unmistakable attention to detail are two hallmarks of the dramatic home designs that garnered national award recognition for Symphony Park at Strathmore in 2012. Located in North Bethesda, Maryland, Symphony Park's breathtaking Brownstones are an exquisite blend of classic elegance and contemporary living, in a campus-like setting adjacent to the Music Center at Strathmore.
Symphony Park features 112 four-story, European-inspired Brownstones. Molded brick, wrought iron Juliet balconies and cast stone entrances adorn the intricately detailed facades of each home. Judges were delighted by the luxury features inside such as spacious rooftop terraces, top-floor lofts, and appliances and fixtures by Viking® and Waterworks®.
Speaking to Professional Builder magazine, judge Jill Williams said, "I had to do a double take to figure out whether this was a historic renovation or new construction; it was so well done."
Throughout the community, brick walkways, ornamental fountains and European-style gardens and mews all combine to create wonderful shared outdoor spaces.
In 2012, Michael Harris Homes and Symphony Park were honored to have been recognized with the following awards:
Best in American Living Awards (BALA)
- Platinum Award – Multifamily: Attached Homes/Townhouses, Built for Sale – The Knightsbridge
- Platinum Award – Multifamily: Attached Homes/Townhouses, Built for Sale – The Westminster
- Gold Award – Master Planned Community
- Best Townhome Project in the Mid-Atlantic Region
Professional Builder Magazine Design Awards
- Platinum Award – New Community Project
- Gold Award – Best Urban Infill
Great American Living Awards (GALA)
- GALA Judges Blue Ribbon – Best Exterior Architecture (Townhome)
- GALA Judges Blue Ribbon – Best Kitchen Island
- GALA Judges Blue Ribbon – Best Exterior Hardscape
- Award of Merit – Design and Architecture, Attached Home
- Award of Merit – Community of the Year
Symphony Park at Strathmore is entering its final phase of construction, with homes priced from $1 million to over $2 million. Symphony Park's Sales Gallery is located in the Regent/Westminster showhome and is open daily from 11 am to 5 pm. To learn more about Symphony Park at Strathmore in North Bethesda, and to arrange a private sales appointment, please visit online at LiveAtSymphonyPark.com or phone (301) 493-0010.
SOURCE Michael Harris Homes