Synaptics to Showcase Latest Innovations in Human Interface Solutions at Mobile World Congress With New Opportunities in Fingerprint ID and Emerging Markets, Company Sets Its Sights on Another Milestone Year for Mobile Computing and Security
BARCELONA, Feb. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), the leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced it will showcase its industry-leading human interface and fingerprint ID solutions at Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona from February 24-27. Following a successful showcase at CES 2014, Synaptics will highlight a combination of smartphone, tablet and notebook PC product wins alongside new technologies that address key human interface trends.
MWC 2014 Focus Areas
- Active Pen: The industry's first Windows 8.1 certified active pen solution for smartphone, tablet and notebook PC touchscreens helps eliminate multiple discrete system components to deliver always-on stylus capability.
- ClearPad® 3350: The industry's first full High-Definition (HD) In-Cell touchscreen is powered by the ClearPad 3350 single-chip touch controller solution, delivering Nexus 5 users best-in-class touch sensitivity and a 10-finger multi-touch experience.
- ClearPad™ Single-Layer On-Cell (SLOC): The industry's first touchscreen design to fuse the touch controller and liquid crystal display (LCD) together into one sleek stack-up, available the Yulong 8908 smartphone for the China market.
- Fast IDentity Online (FIDO) Alliance: FIDO was formed to enhance the nature of online authentication by developing an open, scalable technical standard to help facilitate the adoption of strong, easy to use authentication that reduces the reliance on passwords to authenticate users.
- Natural ID™: Synaptics will highlight fingerprint ID as a key platform to address the explosive growth of biometric sensing across a FIDO-enabled ecosystem from mobile payment transactions and cloud-based services to enterprise mobile device security.
- 3D-Touch™: Powering the Samsung Galaxy S4 in 2013 as AirView™, this gesture technology expands user interface possibilities with proximity, finger hover and air swipe functionality.
Synaptics will exhibit its solutions in a private meeting space from February 24 through February 27, by appointment only. Customers and suppliers are encouraged to contact their Synaptics partner to arrange a meeting at MWC. Media are encouraged to contact email@example.com to arrange on-site interviews.
The leading developer of human interface solutions which enhance the user experience, Synaptics provides the broadest solutions portfolio in the industry. The ClearPad® family supports touchscreen solutions for devices ranging from entry-level mobile phones to flagship premium smartphones, tablets and notebook PCs. The TouchPad™ family, including ClickPad™ and ForcePad®, is integrated into the majority of today's notebook PCs. LiveFlex® fingerprint sensor technology enables authentication, mobile payments, and touch-based navigation for smartphones, tablets, and notebook computers. Synaptics' wide portfolio also includes ThinTouch® supporting thin and light keyboard solutions, as well as key technologies for next generation touch-enabled video and display applications. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com.
Synaptics, TouchPad, ClearPad, ClickPad, ForcePad, ThinTouch and the Synaptics logo are trademarks of Synaptics in the United States and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
For further information, please contact:
Text 100 Global Communications
SOURCE Synaptics Inc.