Synchronized Mobile Systems to Double by 2018 New Requirements for Phase and Frequency Alignment to drive investment in new networks
CAMPBELL, Calif., Sept. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile Experts released a 139-page market study today, which provides detailed analysis of Synchronization for Mobile Networks.
Joe Madden, Principal Analyst at Mobile Experts, explained, "HetNet deployment is dramatically increasing the numbers of base stations in mobile networks, and new packet synchronization formats such as IEEE 1588 and Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE) coming to market to support cost-effective distributed networks. We have put together a view of how the new Sync protocols intersect with base stations, small cells, and Ethernet Switches, for a complete view of the future in precision time and frequency coordination."
"We've interviewed more than 20 mobile operators and 30 suppliers as background material for this market study," explained Pat Diamond, the Principal Author of the report. "LTE-Advanced creates a need for major changes to base station synchronization, and in particular each site will need precise alignment of both frequency and phase information."
This 139-page market study includes more than 40 charts and diagrams, including:
- A five-year forecast of master clocks, subsystems, PLLs, and related oscillators;
- Forecasts of adoption for SyncE, IEEE 1588, GPS/GNSS, T1/E1, and RF "sniffer" techniques for precision timing and frequency references;
- Forecasts for boundary clocks and transparent clocks as "time stampers";
- System diagrams illustrating the operation of next-generation Synchronization networks;
- Technical requirements for IEEE 1588 and SyncE packet timing systems;
- Profiles on the key companies supporting systems, clocks, oscilllators, phase-locked loops (PLLs), and software; and
- Detailed summaries of key standardization work which defines new synchronization products.
Companies mentioned in this report:
Nokia Solutions and Networks (NSN)
Oscilloquartz (Adva Optical)
Time and Frequency Solutions
Integrated Device Technology (IDT)
About Mobile Experts LLC:
Mobile Experts provides insightful market analysis for the mobile infrastructure and mobile handset markets. Our analysts are true experts, who remain focused on topics where each analyst has 20 years of experience or more. Research topics center on technology introduction for radio frequency (RF) and communications innovation. Recent publications focus on Small Cells, Semiconductors for Small Cells, Macro Base Station Transceivers, Semiconductors for RRH, Active Antenna Systems, Backhaul for Small Cells, DAS, Cloud RAN, RF Front Ends for Mobile Devices, and Carrier Wi-Fi.
SOURCE Mobile Experts LLC