BELLEVUE, Wash., Aug. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Synology breaks away from the pack with the impending release of DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.3. The new release improves ROI; adding even greater value to the existing arsenal of enterprise features, previously available only in more expensive solutions.
Poised for VMWorld, Synology will demonstrate Virtual Storage:
- Mini-SAN – getting SAN reliability in desktop dimensions
- Scale to 1/3 of a petabyte under $100,000.00
- High Availability – clustering at no additional charge
- Nearline/Online storage replacement
- No CALs
Synology has offerings for every network. DSM supports Active Directory and LDAP users and group, and includes support for ACLs. They can easily integrate with existing IT infrastructure. The upcoming DSM 4.3 comes at no additional charge, and will feature powerful tools like:
- VAAI – Improved efficiency in VMware environments
- Microsoft Offload Data Transfer (ODX) – Speeds data mirroring by allowing direct NAS to NAS communication
- Broader LDAP Client Support – Improved integration with LDAP domains
- Solid State Caching – Reduced latency on read operations on selected models
- TRIM Support – SSDs operate longer at optimal levels
"I would invite anyone involved in IT administration to reexamine their storage strategies," said Thadd Weil, Public Relations Manager at Synology America Corp. "With our broad range of solutions, we have something to fit every budget."
Come see what makes us great at booth #411 VMWorld 2013, San Francisco. For more information visit:
Founded in April of 2000, Synology Inc. is a leader in next-generation Network Attached Storage (NAS) servers for the home and small to medium sized business markets. Specializing in both hardware and software for network attached storage devices; Synology products are feature-rich, easy-to-use, energy-efficient, reliable and affordable. All Synology product investments are enhanced with product warranties, free software upgrades and 24/7 online support. Visit http://www.synology.com for more information Synology has a global presence with regional offices in the US (Bellevue, Washington), and the UK (London, England), Germany (Dusseldorf), and Taiwan (Taipei).
Synology America Corp.
Read more news from Synology Inc.
SOURCE Synology America Corp.