NEW YORK, Feb. 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Report Highlights
The global synthetic-biology market reached nearly $3.9 billion in 2016 and should reach $11.4 billion by 2021, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 24.0% through 2021.
- An overview of the global markets for synthetic biology.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
- Coverage of core synthetic biology products: synthetic genes, other DNA parts, chassis organisms, synthetic cells
- Coverage of enabling technologies: DNA sequencing, oligonucleotides, specialty media, bioinformatics
- Coverage of enabled technologies: biofuels, specialty chemicals, diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, agriculture
- Analysis of the synthetic biology industry structure, competitors and intellectual property landscape
- An assessment of the products and technologies most commercially viable in the immediate and near-future time frame.
- Profiles of major players in the industry
The study scope includes core synthetic-biology products (synthetic genes, biobrick parts, delivery plasmids, chassis organisms, synthetic cells, production systems), enabling technologies (DNA sequencing, DNA synthesis and assembly, genome editing, bioinformatics and specialty media) and enabled technologies (biofuels, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, agriculture) that are already commercialized or are forecast to be commercialized within the next five years.
We analyze key synthetic-biology technologies and products to determine present and future market status, and forecasted growth from 2016 through 2021. We also discuss strategic alliances, industry structures, competitive dynamics, patents and market driving forces.
BCC Research examines the synthetic-biology industry by market segment, including the following segments: DNA sequencing; DNA synthesis; genome editing; synthetic-biology foundries; industrial biotechnology; pharmaceuticals; and agriculture. The role of key strategic alliances and acquisitions from 2014 through 2016 is discussed. Emerging markets including synthetic genes, synthetic-biology-enabled drugs and vaccines, genome-edited crops, chassis organisms, as well as metabolically engineered factories for producing synthetic fuels and specialty chemicals are analyzed, and more than 135 companies in these fields are highlighted.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p02212006-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/synthetic-biology-global-markets-300403705.html