The system basis chip market size, in terms of value, is expected to grow from USD 15.12 Billion in 2015 to USD 28.39 Billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 9.1% between 2016 and 2022. The system basis chip market size, in terms of volume, is expected to reach 31.19 billion units units by 2022, at a CAGR of 11.8% between 2016 and 2022.
The major growth drivers for the system basis chip market include the increasing vehicle production, increase in the use of electronics in vehicles, demand for advanced safety, convenience, and comfort systems, and increasing focus on CO2 emission reduction from the vehicles.
The APAC held a major share of the system basis chip market, mainly because region has emerged as a major automotive hub with a maximum market share in terms of vehicle production as well as sales. The APAC held the largest share of the global system basis chip market in 2015; however, North America is the most promising region for the system basis chip market and is expected to witness the highest CAGR because the region is one of the most technologically advanced automotive sectors. The demand for premium cars with high semiconductor content is more in the region.
The major challenge for the companies in the market is maintaining balance between cost and quality of the product and continuous optimization of component size.
- Atmel Corporation
- Elmos Semicondustor AG
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Melexis NV
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- NXP Semiconductors N.V. (Also Featuring Freescale Semiconductor, Ltd. Products)
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Stmicroelectronics N.V.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
Key Topics Covered:
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Premium Insights
5 Market Overview
6 Industry Trends
7 System Basis Chip Market, By Vehicle Type
8 System Basis Chip Market, By Application
9 Geographic Analysis
10 Competitive Landscape
11 Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/66wvvx/system_basis_chip
- Automotive Semiconductor Market by Component (Processor, Analog IC, Discrete Power, Sensor, & Memory), Vehicle and Fuel Type, Application (Powertrain, Safety, Body Electronics, Chassis, & Telematics), & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- IoT Chip Market by Application Vertical (Wearable Device, Healthcare, Consumer Electronics, Building Automation, Industrial, Automotive & Transportation) & Geography (North America, Europe, APAC, RoW) - Global Forecast to 2022
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/system-basis-chip-market-worth-2839-billion-by-2022---increasing-use-of-electronics-in-vehicles---research-and-markets-300326959.html
SOURCE Research and Markets