BALTIMORE, July 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- T. Rowe Price (NASDAQ-GS: TROW) today launched the T. Rowe Price Global Consumer Fund. The Fund will seek to provide long-term growth of capital though investment in consumer staples and consumer discretionary companies, two important sectors of the global economy. The fund is the latest addition to T. Rowe Price's suite of equity sector funds.
T. ROWE PRICE GLOBAL CONSUMER FUND DETAILS
- The fund is managed by Jason Nogueira, who has 14 years of investment experience, including 12 years with T. Rowe Price. Most recently he was an associate portfolio manager for the T. Rowe Price Global Growth Equity Strategy.
- Mr. Nogueira expects the portfolio to typically consist of approximately 40-60 stocks invested globally in both developed and emerging markets.
- The fund will target companies in the consumer staples and consumer discretionary industries.
- Potential investments in consumer staples may include companies in the household products, beverages and packaged foods industries.
- Potential investments in consumer discretionary may include companies in the specialty retail, apparel & luxury goods and internet & media industries.
- The fund's primary benchmark will be the MSCI All Country World Index.
- The fund's net expense ratio is capped at 1.05%* for the Investor Class shares.
Download a prospectus or obtain one by calling 1-800-541-8803. The prospectus includes investment objectives, risks, fees, expenses, and other information that you should read and consider carefully before investing.
All funds are subject to market risk, including the possible loss of principal.
*The fund is subject to a contractual expense waiver through April 30, 2019. For details, please see the prospectus.
T. Rowe Price Investment Services, Inc., distributor, T. Rowe Price mutual funds.
Portfolio Manager Jason Nogueira:
- "The T. Rowe Price Global Consumer Fund is style agnostic and focused on leveraging the firm's strong global research platform to find the most compelling consumer investments around the world."
- "The broad geographic mandate, along with the ability to invest across both the consumer staples and discretionary sectors, provides the necessary flexibility to find superior investment opportunities in a variety of different market environments."
- "The Global Consumer Fund is a strong complement to our existing line up of sector funds, and we believe that we can add value to the portfolios of clients who want to have exposure to this important sector of the global economy."
ABOUT T. ROWE PRICE
Founded in 1937, Baltimore-based T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. is a global investment management organization with $764.6 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2016. The organization provides a broad array of mutual funds, subadvisory services, and separate account management for individual and institutional investors, retirement plans, and financial intermediaries. The company also offers sophisticated investment planning and guidance tools. T. Rowe Price's disciplined, risk-aware investment approach focuses on diversification, style consistency, and fundamental research. For more information, visit troweprice.com or our Twitter, YouTube, Linkedin, and Facebook sites.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/t-rowe-price-launches-global-consumer-stock-fund-300296512.html
SOURCE T. Rowe Price