Tabula Announces Availability of Stylus Compiler Version 2.7 July software release features new high-performance search reference designs and IP cores
SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Continuing its momentum in innovating how programmable devices are applied to network infrastructure systems, Tabula, Inc. announced today the availability of version 2.7 of its Stylus® compiler supporting its ABAX®2 P-Series of 3D programmable logic devices (3PLDs). Stylus 2.7 is a critical milestone in Tabula's ongoing software roadmap to provide customers with comprehensive high-performance Ethernet packet processing solutions. To help accelerate the development of high-performance applications, the software features new tool enhancements with unique capabilities, including 100G Ethernet search IP cores, enhanced FIFO support, and a comprehensive design power analysis suite.
The new capabilities and design kits introduced in the Stylus 2.7 release include:
- Soft IP cores: A high-performance 100 GbE search IP kit composed of ternary search engines, including both associative and exact-match cores (second generation). Developed in collaboration with Algo-Logic Systems, a leader in search IP, these cores deliver 150 million packets per second (MSPS) at a 100G line rate with a low, deterministic latency of 256 ns. For more information on the 100G search IP kit, visit https://www.tabula.com/news/read_more.php?id=32
- Reference design: A 12 × 10G-to-100G Ethernet bridge (version 2.0) supporting 100 GbE traffic without packet drops, utilizing a deficit-weighted round-robin arbiter, which allows priority assignments of each 10 GbE port.
- Design examples: A 24-bit CRC generator operating at 2 GHz, supporting a data rate of 128 Gbps.
- Design power analysis suite: A web-based pre- RTL power calculation tool that allows designers to quickly explore the power envelope of various architectural options before starting the actual design. The post-RTL calculator integrated into Stylus uses post-placement design data to track power consumption as the design evolves.
- Added capabilities: In excess of 250 new features (and improvements to usability) contribute to Tabula's objective to make high-performance design easy.
More about Stylus compiler
Stylus compiler provides a synthesis, placement, and routing flow familiar to FPGA designers, using industry-standard RTL inputs and design constraints. The suite automatically exploits the unique advantages of Tabula's 3D Spacetime® architecture, unleashing the ABAX2 3PLDs' unmatched capabilities and achieving unparalleled performance with surprising ease. The software integrates cutting-edge timing-closure technologies, including sequential timing, router-aware placement, and automatic co-optimization of performance and density. In addition, to help users take full advantage of the ABAX2P1 device's unmatched embedded RAM capacity and throughput, Stylus compiler transparently infers multi-port memories (up to 24 ports) from RTL, automatically packing small user memories and folding wide user memories into the device's on-chip RAM blocks.
Stylus version 2.7 is available now for download at customer.tabula.com at no-charge.
Tabula is the industry's most innovative programmable logic solutions provider, delivering breakthrough capabilities for today's most challenging systems applications. The company's ABAX2 family of general-purpose 3D programmable logic devices (3PLDs) based on Tabula's patented Spacetime architecture and supported by its Stylus compiler, sets a new benchmark for the capability of programmable devices at volume price points, enabling re-programmability not only in FPGA applications, but also in those historically served only by ASICs or ASSPs. Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, Tabula has over 130 employees, and has assembled a leadership team consisting of industry veterans and successful entrepreneurs. Tabula is backed by top-tier investors with a long-term view toward enduring market leadership. For more information, please visit the Tabula website at www.tabula.com
© 2013 Tabula, Inc. All rights reserved. Tabula, the Tabula logo, ABAX, the ABAX logo, Spacetime, the Spacetime logo, Stylus, the Stylus logo and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Tabula, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Tabula, Inc.