SANTA CLARA, Calif., Feb. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Tabula, Inc., announced today the availability of version 2.8.2 of its Stylus® compiler, supporting its ABAX®2 P-Series of devices. Stylus 2.8.2 includes a new 3 x 40G-to-100G low-latency Ethernet bridge reference design, as well as a high-performance search engine soft IP core developed in collaboration with Algo-Logic Systems. These and the many other capabilities included in this release are designed to facilitate next-generation 100G networking equipment development and to further improve user experience.
The new capabilities and design kits introduced in the Stylus 2.8.2 release include:
- A 3 x 40G-to-100G Ethernet bridge: this reference design implements a fully functional 40G Ethernet to 100G Ethernet bridge providing transparent bidirectional bridging between the 40 GigE ports and the 100 GigE port and utilizing deficit-weighted round-robin (DWRR) traffic scheduler for aggregation of the 40 GigE ports. Features include:
- Three 40G Ethernet ports
- One 100G Ethernet port
- Forwarding table using Algo-Logic System's EMSE2 soft IP core for 100 GigE traffic
- Support of multicast, broadcast and jumbo packets
- Host management interface serial port
- EMSE2 Hybrid soft IP core: created in collaboration with Algo-Logic Systems, this second generation exact-match search engine (EMSE2) delivers high-performance exact-match search capabilities. The EMSE2 Hybrid core performs up to 150 million searches per second (MSPS), sufficient for a 100G Ethernet traffic stream with minimum-sized 64-byte packets. If additional performance is needed, it is possible to use two or more replicated tables simultaneously. The core supports a wide range of key sizes, including up to 1.5 million entries, and very wide 640-bit keys for even the most demanding applications.
- DDR3 multi-port front-end reference (MPFE) design: the DDR3 MPFE allows up-to-eight independent (yet synchronous) hosts to drive a single DDR3 hard controller. The MPFE reference design has the following features:
- Enables up to eight independent ports (operating on the same clock) to drive a single hard DDR3 controller.
- Supports up to 2133 MT/s ×72 DDR3 throughput.
- Maintains a user interface that is consistent with the Tabula DDR3 subsystem, enabling easy integration into an existing design
- Uses deficit round-robin arbitration to cycle between valid ports to optimize DDR3 efficiency
More about Stylus compiler
Stylus compiler provides a synthesis, placement, and routing flow familiar to FPGA designers, using industry-standard RTL inputs and design constraints. The suite automatically exploits the unique advantages of Tabula's 3D Spacetime architecture; unleashing the ABAX2 3PLDs' unmatched capabilities and achieving unparalleled performance with surprising ease. The software integrates cutting-edge timing-closure technologies, including sequential timing, router-aware placement, and automatic co-optimization of performance and density. In addition, to help users take full advantage of the ABAX2P1 device's unmatched embedded RAM capacity and throughput, Stylus compiler transparently infers multi-port memories (up to 24 ports) from RTL, automatically packing small user memories and folding wide user memories into the device's on-chip RAM blocks.
Stylus version 2.8.2 is available today.
Tabula is the industry's most innovative programmable logic solutions provider, delivering breakthrough capabilities for today's most challenging systems applications. The company's ABAX2 family of general-purpose 3D programmable logic devices (3PLDs) based on Tabula's patented Spacetime architecture and supported by its Stylus compiler, sets a new benchmark for the capability of programmable devices at volume price points, enabling re-programmability not only in FPGA applications, but also in those historically served only by ASICs or ASSPs. Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, Tabula has over 130 employees, and has assembled a leadership team consisting of industry veterans and successful entrepreneurs. Tabula is backed by top-tier investors with a long-term view toward enduring market leadership. For more information, please visit the Tabula website at www.tabula.com
© 2014 Tabula, Inc. All rights reserved. Tabula, the Tabula logo, ABAX, the ABAX logo, Spacetime, the Spacetime logo, Stylus, the Stylus logo and other designated brands included herein are trademarks of Tabula, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Tabula, Inc.