Tackle Digital Spring Cleaning with Carbonite Cloud Backup
BOSTON, April 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With the weather warming up and spring cleaning on the mind, Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), a leading provider of cloud backup solutions, reminds people that not all cleaning involves elbow grease, bleach and a scrub brush. It's very important to remember digital spring cleaning along with wiping down those dirty windows, going through the attic and getting the yard ready for planting season.
Here are some tips that will help bring order to your digital life this spring:
- Take it "byte-by-byte." It took a while to create the mess, so it will take some time to organize it. Tackle files on your desktop, tablet and smartphone one at a time so you don't feel overwhelmed. And remember, just because you have the storage space on your device doesn't mean you need to keep every photo, document and email. Every little bit of cleanup will make a big difference!
- Tackle those taxes. Tax season is finally over, but keeping hard copies of your returns for the seven years the IRS recommends can create a cluttered mess in your home office. Scan copies of your financials, records and receipts and create a folder on your computer for each year.
- A picture is worth a thousand words. Start by sorting through photos from the past year – delete the blurry images, photos of you with your eyes closed and shots with a finger over the lens, and create an annual "Photos to Print" folder so you can quickly find your best shots.
- Create a VIP club. Make an "Important Files" folder with copies of your car title, passports, mortgage documents, birth certificates and other important records so you can quickly find them when you need them. Make sure the folder is backed up so you can access the contents from another computer or your smartphone in case you need it when you are away from home.
- Protect your files. Make sure your files are safe and secure using Carbonite, which is a "set it and forget it" program, and constantly backs up your computer files in the background, whenever you are connected to the Internet! Additionally, you can remotely access your backed up data via the cloud even if you misplace the hard copy. With a free trial, you can see how easy backup can be.
Enter to win a spring cleaning prize package from Carbonite
Carbonite is making physical and digital spring cleaning easier with the "Sweep Up with Carbonite" spring cleaning sweepstakes. To enter for the chance to win a free year of Carbonite online backup and $300 toward a house cleaning service, visit www.facebook.com/carboniteonlinebackup from April 15 to 26. For more information about Carbonite, and to start a free trial of Carbonite cloud backup services, visit http://www.carbonite.com.
Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), is a leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small businesses. Subscribers in more than 100 countries rely on Carbonite to provide easy-to-use, affordable and secure cloud backup solutions with anytime, anywhere data access. Carbonite's backup solution runs on both the Windows and Mac platforms. The company has backed up more than 300 billion files, restored nearly 20 billion files, and currently backs up more than 350 million files each day. For more information, please visit www.carbonite.com, twitter.com/carbonite,twitter.com/carbonitebiz, or facebook.com/CarboniteOnlineBackup.
Finn Partners for Carbonite
SOURCE Carbonite, Inc.