CARRBORO, N.C., April 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Program details have been released for the Leading Learning event, Learning • Technology • Design (LTD), hosted by Tagoras (http://www.tagoras.com). The event, designed specifically for professionals in the business of lifelong learning, will be held May 18-19, 2016 in Arlington, VA.
The program is designed to offer a blend of active and collaborative learning opportunities and will incorporate best practices in adult learning. There will be an emphasis on case studies and actionable approaches to technology-enabled and technology-enhanced learning.
"As we did with our highly-successful Leading Learning Symposium, we created this program based on feedback from early registrants as well as our advisory panel. As a result, we were able to determine the content and activities that would be of highest value to participants," says Celisa Steele, co-founder of Tagoras.
Sessions will range from short, focused content presentations, in what Tagoras refers to as Content Pods™, to longer workshops and applied learning sessions, or App Labs™. Sessions and speaker-facilitators slated for the event include:
- Instructional Design Essentials: What's Critical for Success? Jennifer De Vries, president and chief solutions architect, BlueStreak Learning
- Marketing Mastery for Driving Enrollments Online, Jeff Cobb, founder and managing director, Tagoras
- Developing and Implementing Your Learning Technology Strategy, Tobin Conley, strategic technology management consultant, DelCor Technology Solutions & Carol Hodes, executive director, knowledge management, NIGP: The Institute for Public Procurement
- Selecting the Right Learning Platform: Mastering the Process, Avoiding the Pitfalls, Celisa Steele & Jeff Cobb, founders and managing directors, Tagoras
- To Flip or Flop? Best Practices Learned Over Three Years of Flipping Educational Interventions, Dr. Brian McGowan, chief learning officer, ArcheMedx
- Podcasting 101, Tadu Yimam, director of online learning, National Association of College and University Business Officers
- Leveraging Technology for Learning Reinforcement, Mark Nilles, director, learning and impact, InsideNGO
- Design Tips to Dramatically Boost Course Engagement, Diane Elkins, president, Artisan E-Learning
- Getting Useful Business Intelligence from Learning Data, Wes Trochlil, president, Effective Database Management
- Webinar Mastery: Five Keys to Success, Darlene Christopher, senior knowledge and learning officer, World Bank
- Making Virtual Events a Real Success, Jack Coursen, associate director for professional development, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Practical Lessons in Implementing Digital Badging, Ginger Malin, founder and EVP, BadgeCert
- Designing for Social Learning, Maggie McGary, director of marketing and communication, Society of Fire Protection Engineers
- Getting Started with Microlearning, Josh Goldman, vice president of learning, Ohio Society of CPAs
Jeff Cobb, co-founder of Tagoras explains, "Speakers were chosen, based not only on their expertise in a particular area, but also because they are strong facilitators. They understand that their role is to facilitate meaningful interaction because that's when true learning happens."
In addition to structured learning opportunities, attendees will get to network with peers and interact with exhibitors, a diverse group of learning technology providers including:
- BlueStreak Learning
- LearnSomething, A Xerox Company
- Meridian Knowledge Solutions, LLC
- Naylor Learning Solutions, powered by Blue Sky eLearn
- Thinking Cap
- Web Courseworks
- YM Learning, formerly Digital Ignite.
The official sponsor of the event is YM Learning, formerly Digital Ignite.
For more information and to register, visit http://ltd.leadinglearning.com.
About Tagoras, Inc.
Tagoras provides advisory services, publications, and educational events to organizations in the business of lifelong learning, continuing education, and professional development. For more information, visit http://www.tagoras.com.
711 Rosemary Street
Suite D | Box C
Carrboro, NC 27510
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tagoras-releases-program-information-for-learning--technology--design-ltd-the-only-edtech-event-specifically-for-associations-300250485.html
SOURCE Tagoras, Inc.