NEW YORK, Aug. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Taiwan Excellence Product Showcase will be held for the first time at the Time Warner Center from September 22-25, 2016. Featuring over 50 award-winning products from Taiwan's leading innovation companies, the exhibition will allow visitors to experience some of the latest technological breakthroughs across a range of different categories including gaming computers, smart accessories, alternative transportation and sustainability. Many of the items will be making their exclusive U.S. debut. The event will also include cultural performances, product demonstrations and more. Taiwan Excellence Product Showcase 2016 will be open to the public daily. Admission is free. For daily schedules and additional information, click here.
Founded in 1992 by the Ministry of Economic Affairs of Taiwan, Taiwan Excellence is the highest accolade awarded to a Taiwanese product. Selected annually, the winners represent the most modern and high quality products made by Taiwan. The Taiwan Excellence Showcase tours the world each year to promote Taiwan's culture of technological innovation and leading-edge design. The exhibition is supported by the Ministry of Economic Affairs, organized by the Bureau of Foreign Trade, MOEA and implemented by the Taiwan External Trade Development Council.
Some of the 2016 Taiwan Excellence Award-winning products being featured include:
- Gaming Computers
- MSI GS60 Ghost is the world's thinnest gaming notebook; measuring less than 19.9 mm thick and weighing less than 4.2 pounds.
- ASUS ZenBook Pro UX501 is a slim and highly portable desktop-replacement, featuring sleek design and expert performance.
- ADATA HD720 Waterproof/Dustproof/Shockproof External Hard Drive is an ultra- durable and ruggedly designed unit determined to protect your data.
- Smart Accessories
- uHandy Mobile Microscope integrates the capabilities of a conventional microscope and a CCD camera to transform your smart device into a portable microscope.
- ChipSip SiME Smart AR Headphones integrates advanced audio and video features from smart glass and headphones.
- FSP Group Energy Storage System is a heavy-duty, yet portable, power station on wheels that provides 900Wh for virtually any electronic device.
- Alternative Transportation
- Heartway Brio S19P Power Scooter is lightweight and foldable and optimized for traveling through urban terrain.
- Pacific Cycles New Birdy Standard 9sp is an ultra-compact folding bike that provides all the comfort and performance of a full size bicycle.
- DARFON JS1 features a strong, durable frame for long-lasting performance. The JS1 is ideal for short rides to the park, a quick spin around the neighborhood, or even longer rides in the countryside.
- O'right Recoffee Tree in the Bottle Shampoo is formulated with 100% coffee oil extracted from recycled coffee grounds. The biodegradable bottles are also made from coffee grounds and contain coffee seeds at the bottom that can be planted and grown into a tree.
"In the past decade, Taiwan has emerged as a leading center of innovation on the world stage thanks to visionary companies dedicated to creating groundbreaking new products," said Cherng-Chuan Su, Director, Taiwan Trade Center in New York. "Our showcase provides a unique opportunity for New Yorkers to experience Taiwan's forward-thinking technology and research while also offering a glimpse into our culture and traditions."
"Taiwan's commitment to research and development, coupled with homegrown creative talent and international resources, have yielded some truly breathtaking products that are among the best in class," said David J. Reibstein, Professor of Marketing, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and Marketing Judge. "This exhibition will not only showcase the 'best of the best' but also stir excitement for some of the amazing things to come from Taiwan."
Taiwan Excellence Awards
There are three categories in the "Taiwan Excellence Awards": The Taiwan Excellence Gold Award ("Gold Award"), the Taiwan Excellence Silver Award ("Silver Award") and Taiwan Excellence Award." The Gold and Silver awards are selected from among "Taiwan Excellence Award" winners and are based on five key indicators: R&D, Design, Quality, Marketing, and Made in Taiwan. The five indicators are of equal importance, and each is judged on its "Innovation Value," the most important standard of all. Products that receive the "Taiwan Excellence Award" are authorized by the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) to use the "Taiwan Excellence" mark.
Taiwan External Trade Development Council
The Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) was founded in 1970 to promote Taiwan's foreign trade and competitiveness in world markets. Over the past 40 years, TAITRA has played a key role in the development of the Taiwanese economy. TAITRA is jointly sponsored by the government and commercial associations and is viewed by all as the business gateway to Taiwan for the international business community. Please visit taiwantrade.com.tw for more information.
Bureau of Foreign Trade
The BOFT under the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) of Taiwan, which is responsible for implementing policies and regulations governing foreign trade, economic cooperation, and foreign investments, among many others, has been guiding and working with the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) in numerous trade promotion projects and activities both internationally and domestically. Having worked closely with TAITRA for many decades, the BOFT continues to entrust TAITRA with various government projects relating to business trade and/or investments, promoting Taiwan on every international stage. Please visit www.trade.gov.tw for more information.
©2016 Taiwan Trade Center in New York
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/taiwan-excellence-product-showcase-2016-coming-to-time-warner-center-september-22-25-300318904.html
SOURCE Taiwan External Trade Development Council