DALLAS, April 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Iconic lodging brand, Motel 6, is helping travelers get the most out of their tax returns this season. Today is tax day and while the season is synonymous with issues of paperwork and confusion, there is one thing no one will be left questioning: what to do with the tax refund. How about crossing that epic US road trip off of the bucket list? Here is how.
According to the IRS (The Internal Revenue Service) the average individual tax refund last year was $3,155 – which is the equivalent of a whopping 37 overnight stays at a Motel 6 (based on an average room rate of $85)! With over 1,330 locations to choose from and gas prices at a record low, now is the time to stash the cash and hit the road.
Who doesn't want to go on a road trip and experience some of the most coveted attractions from the East Coast to West Coast? With Motel 6 properties conveniently located near numerous allures across the U.S., travelers can finally check many of their dream destinations off the bucket list, all while staying on budget. This time not even Fido has to stay home, as Motel 6 is pet-friendly.
Here are 6 outstanding U.S landmarks travelers can pair up on a Motel 6 cross country road trip:
- Tour the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial and other sites in Washington D.C. while staying on budget at Motel 6 Washington DC
- Explore one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, while staying on budget at Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains
- Enjoy the beautiful Garden District and become spellbound by the local history, captivating music and authentic Cajun cuisine while crashing at a nearby Motel 6 New Orleans
- Newly expanded from three to fifteen miles long, The River Walk and its locale boasts water tours, restaurants, nightlife and attractions, all near the newly renovated Motel 6 San Antonio
- Get your adventure on in the Grand Canyon National Park while staying on budget at Motel 6 Williams West - Grand Canyon
- Marvel at the architectural wonder of the Golden Gate Bridge while staying on budget at Motel 6 San Francisco CA
Nearing the completion of a global renovation project, the majority of Motel 6 locations offer explorers a modern, renovated room, great service, and a price that saves travelers more for what they travel for. Now that statements are gathered and forms are filed, road-trippers can sit back, take out the road map and begin planning a tour of our great nation on nothing more than the check from good old Uncle Sam.
About Motel 6
Motel 6 offers the lowest price of any national chain at its 1,330 company-owned and franchised locations throughout the United States and Canada. Growing faster than any of its competitors, Motel 6 has used the tagline, "We'll leave the light on for you®" for more than 29 years, earning the chain the highest brand recognition in the economy lodging segment. Motel 6 offers standard amenities including Wi-Fi Internet access, free local calls, no long distance access charges, free morning coffee and expanded cable channel line-up. Most locations offer swimming pools and guest laundry facilities. Motel 6 is managed and operated by G6Hospitality LLC. For more information, visit www.motel6.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/take-a-cross-country-trip-with-your-tax-return-300252203.html
SOURCE Motel 6