DEERFIELD, Ill., Nov. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Takeda announced today that the Chicago Tribune named Takeda's Deerfield campus among Chicago's Top 100 Workplaces in 2015. This is the fourth consecutive year that Takeda has been named to the list, which takes into account company priorities and programs, as well as anonymous employee feedback.
Being named to Chicago's Top 100 Workplaces is the latest in a series of workplace and corporate social responsibility achievements for Takeda this fall:
- For the third consecutive year Takeda was named on the Working Mother Magazine 100 Best Companies list based on the company's family-friendly benefits and programs (September 22, 2015)
- Takeda Cares Day 2015, an initiative to raise money for local nonprofit organizations in health, science education and community vitality, achieved record-breaking participation with over 760 employees walking and running to raise money for local charities (October 2, 2015)
- For the second consecutive year Takeda was awarded the Silver Cradle Award by Chicagoland adoption agency The Cradle. The award acknowledges Takeda's strong employee benefits that help make adoption a viable option for families (October 17, 2015)
"To be included in Chicago's Top 100 Workplaces in 2015 is especially significant because the award reflects the sentiment of our employees," said Ramona Sequeira, president, Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc. "Each employee contributes to our culture of inclusivity and is a steward of our company values as they contribute to the meaningful work that we do for patients."
Takeda strives toward better health for people by delivering important innovations in medicine. To most effectively serve patients, Takeda employees are provided with an encouraging, supportive environment that inspires scientific rigor and rewards creativity. Takeda offers the following benefits, among others:
- Flexible and modified workweeks
- Award-winning on-site childcare center
- Adoption assistance
- Onsite subsidized cafeteria serving an international menu using fresh, locally sourced produce
- Medical and scientific lectures
- Free and professionally-staffed indoor fitness center
- Outdoor walking paths and sports field
- Free health screenings and wellness programs
- On-site volunteer opportunities and paid volunteer time-off
- Job-share programs
- Matching gift program for charitable contributions
"This award confirms that our employees feel connected to Takeda's values and appreciate the health, wellness and financial benefits that Takeda offers. Takeda is repeatedly recognized for our positive work environment, and we continue to focus on the programs that our employees value most. These include a strong emphasis on caring not only for ourselves but also for others within our local communities and around the world," said Laurene Giagnorio, senior vice president, head of human resources and administration, Takeda Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
Takeda participates in many meaningful programs that benefit local communities. For example, Takeda provides funding for health and science education through work with organizations such as the Museum of Science and Industry and Cristo Rey St. Martin College Prep. Takeda also supports employees' volunteerism by sponsoring paid volunteer days and encouraging participation in the company's annual Takeda Cares Day, which has raised over $500,000 in five years, all of which has been donated to local charities. More can be read about these and similar efforts at www.Takeda.us/responsibility.
About Takeda in the Chicagoland Area
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TYO: 4502) is the largest pharmaceutical company in Japan and it has a strong presence in Deerfield, Ill. with research and development and commercial subsidiaries. As a science and evidence-based company, Takeda is committed to contributing to the health of people worldwide and supporting the community and the environment. In the U.S., the company markets metabolic, gout, gastroenterology, and central nervous system treatments and seeks to bring innovative products to patients. To learn more, visit www.takeda.us and www.takedajobs.com.
SOURCE Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited