NEW YORK, March 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Tapad's entrepreneurial mentorship initiative, the Propeller Program, has seen extremely positive results since it began in September 2016. The five early-stage startups selected from Norway have gained momentum in establishing a U.S. presence. Tapad is the leader in unified cross-device marketing technology. The company was acquired by the Telenor Group in 2016.
Among the successes within Propeller:
- Xeneta, the leading ocean freight price comparison platform and contracted rate database, has raised an additional $12M in funding since beginning the Propeller Program. Before the end of 2016, the company had exceeded its revenue expectations by nearly 30 percent, proving the European-focused business could succeed in the American market.
"Aside from directly impacting our revenue, the Propeller Program has provided us with incredible access to a countless number of external resources, including subject matter experts from the fields of fundraising, public speaking, corporate structuring and immigration law," said William Di Ieso, GM of North America for Xeneta. "We remain extremely grateful for the opportunity and exposure the program has provided for Xeneta."
- Bubbly, an in-store real-time engagement tool for non-buyers, now has clients on four continents. After only a few months in the U.S. market, Bubbly has signed deals with one major retail brand, one major toy manufacturer and a major global consulting firm. The Propeller Program has also opened doors for greater opportunities in Scandinavia and EMEA. After an introduction to Telenor Group's President and CEO Sigve Brekke, Bubbly is currently piloting its IoT kiosk with the company.
"The mentoring sessions have been very valuable and have given us guidance as to how to best enter the U.S. market," said Marianne Haugland Hindsgaul, Bubbly CEO and co-founder. "Learning to do business in the U.S. is not something you can necessarily learn from a book. The most impactful lessons are based on real-world experience, and that is what the Propeller Program has given us."
- BylineMe, a marketplace for freelancers, publishers and brands to connect for content creation and distribution services, has built an extensive network of potential clients and investors. The company has tested its product in the U.S. market and gained valuable feedback for further development.
- Eventum, a property-sharing group that digitally assists in securing venues for meetings and corporate events, has closed a seed round of funding for nearly $1M. Eventum has also made key hires in the areas of business development and engineering.
- Socius, under the influence of Tapad, pivoted into the ad tech space, positioning itself as "a social native ad platform" for digital publishers. The company has attracted top talent to begin building out its U.S. business development and sales divisions. As a result, Socius has signed a host of premium publisher partners to validate its exciting new direction.
"It is so rewarding to be able to support these Norwegian startups in a meaningful way," said Are Traasdahl, CEO and founder at Tapad. "Mentor relationships are critical for strategic growth, and I am proud to be able to pay forward the experiences I have gained as an entrepreneur. To me, the Propeller Program is a shining example of the magic that can happen when Norwegian innovation meets American opportunity."
Learn more about Tapad's Propeller Program here.
Tapad Inc. is a marketing technology company renowned for its breakthrough, unified, cross-device solutions. The company's signature Tapad Device Graph™ connects millions of consumers across billions of devices. The world's largest brands and most effective marketers entrust Tapad to provide an accurate, privacy-conscious, and unified approach to connecting with consumers across screens. In 2015, Tapad began licensing the Tapad Device Graph™ and swiftly became the established gold-standard throughout the ad tech ecosystem. Tapad is based in New York and has offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Frankfurt, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, Oslo, San Francisco, Singapore and Toronto. Tapad's numerous awards include: Forbes' Most Promising Companies, Deloitte's Technology Fast 500, Crain's Fast 50, Entrepreneur 360 "Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America", SmartCEO Corporate Culture Award, TMCnet Tech Culture Award, Global Startup Award's "Startup Founder of the Year," Digiday Signal Award, iMedia ASPY Award and a MarCom Gold Award. Tapad was acquired by the Telenor Group in 2016. Telenor is one of the world's largest mobile operators with 214 million subscribers in 13 countries.
Natalie Vegel, Tapad
Public Relations Manager
Dana Casalino for Tapad
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tapad-propeller-program-effectively-boosts-early-stage-norwegian-entrepreneurs-300425030.html