Key points from O'Loughlin's J.D. Power 2016 address included:
- The marketers who deliver relevant and engaging content in a privacy-safe setting will be in the strongest position to navigate the proliferation of connected devices, including the connected points in cars.
- As automakers innovate the technology in cars, marketers need to be prepared for the size and diversity of data available for understanding consumers. It's going to be increasingly difficult to wade through the data, so now is the time to build a solid framework for understanding the person behind the data.
- Marketers who evolve -- and take a holistic approach -- to their campaign measurements will achieve marked improvements in efficiency and an enhanced understanding of their core audiences.
- Actionable brand engagement metrics like Viewable Exposure Time (VET) will continue to overtake traditional advertising performance metrics. VET evaluates the optimal amount of time an ad is present on a screen to incite consumer action. In early testing by Tapad, campaigns that employ VET see conversion rate performance improvements from 13 to 60%.
- The consumer-centric technology solutions of the future need to be as scalable as they are affordable.
Learn more about Tapad's recommended Viewable Exposure Time metric by visiting http://go.tapad.com/ViewableExposureTime. Find key insights into cross-device automotive marketing like the ones discussed at the J.D. Power Automotive Marketing Roundtable here: http://www.tapad.com/news/blog/unifying-big-data-in-automotive.
Tapad Inc. is a marketing technology firm renowned for its breakthrough, unified, cross-device solutions. With 91.2% data accuracy confirmed by Nielsen, the company offers the largest in-market opportunity for marketers and technologies to address the ever-evolving reality of media consumption on smartphones, tablets, home computers and smart TVs. Deployed by agency trading desks, publishers and numerous Fortune 500 brands, Tapad provides an accurate, unified approach to connecting with consumers across screens. In 2015, Tapad began aggressively licensing its identity management solution, the Tapad Device Graph™, and swiftly became the established gold-standard throughout the ad tech ecosystem. Tapad is based in New York and has offices in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Frankfurt, London, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, San Francisco and Toronto. Tapad's numerous awards include: EY Entrepreneur of The Year (East Coast) 2014, among Forbes' Most Promising Companies two year's running, Deloitte's Technology Fast 500, Crain's Fast 50, Entrepreneur 360, Digiday Signal Award, iMedia ASPY Award and a MarCom Gold Award.
Lauren Leff for Tapad
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140115/NY45432LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tapads-kate-oloughlin-addresses-jd-power-2016-automotive-conference-300351857.html