Tapjoy Reinvents App Discovery with the Tapjoy Personal App Marketplace
Tapjoy's app marketplace delivers personalized recommendations based on a user's individual tastes and interests; also fosters deeper engagement, social sharing and joint discovery
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Tapjoy, Inc. (www.tapjoy.com), a value exchange mobile ad network, today announced the beta launch of a new kind of personal marketplace that aims to forever change how consumers find, share and engage with mobile applications. The new Tapjoy personal app marketplace delivers customized app recommendations based on your likes and dislikes, what apps you're currently using, what apps your friends are using, and other factors that predict which apps you'll enjoy the most. You can also engage deeper in your favorite apps via Tapjoy's Mobile Value Exchange™, the company's unique approach to mobile advertising where users select personalized advertisements with which to engage for virtual currency or premium content. Tapjoy's new service supports iOS and Android devices and can be accessed today from any mobile Web browser at www.tapjoy.com.
With more than 550,000 apps in the Apple App Store and 300,000 more in the Android Market, it's not uncommon to get overwhelmed with choice when searching for new mobile apps suited to your individual tastes. Tapjoy lets you find interesting and personally relevant apps based on customized suggestions provided by Tapjoy's recommendation engine as well as social triggers you elect such as the activities of your friends and ratings and reviews from other users.
"Smartphone and tablet users are clearly eager for a better way to find new apps," said Mihir Shah, president and CEO of Tapjoy. "We already touch a very large and very passionate community of mobile app consumers -- with more than 35 million Monthly Active Users -- and we are proud to bring them something totally different from anything else out there. We've combined our personalized app recommendation engine and enormous app marketplace with social sharing and joint discovery features to create a unique and very personal app discovery experience."
Tapjoy can be accessed directly from a web browser on any iOS, Android, Windows Phone 7 or HTML5-supported device. After creating an account, adding your mobile device or devices, and sharing apps you've already installed, Tapjoy identifies where virtual currency is available right away. Tapjoy features cross-platform support so that you can complete advertising engagements for virtual currency on any smartphone or tablet device, regardless of platform.
Tapjoy includes several unique and powerful app discovery and management features, including:
- Tapjoy Recommendation Engine -- Tapjoy's targeting engine provides customized application recommendations based on your personal preferences, app ratings, reviews, friends' activities and your own app usage, making it easier and faster to find apps that match your interests;
- Social Sharing and Joint Discovery -- You'll be able to follow your friends to see which apps they're playing, invite friends to come play apps with you, post updates to your news feed, and, coming soon, you'll be able to challenge friends to competitions, track your ranking on the community leaderboard, and much more;
- Hundreds of Value-Exchanged Brand Ads -- In exchange for virtual currency, you can choose to take part in targeted, value-added marketing actions such as installing applications, watching videos, subscribing to services, purchasing discounted products or otherwise engaging with any of the 100+ ads available from big brands such as Netflix, Gamefly, Groupon, Intuit, Discover, FTD, Amazon, Microsoft and many others;
- Editorial Reviews & Staff Picks -- Each day, the Tapjoy editorial staff provides objective reviews of new, popular or up-and-coming applications; future versions will include a news feed of all the latest application news and announcements covering new games, tournaments and challenges;
- "My Apps" Dashboard -- Manage your currently installed applications in one central location, with the ability to check your virtual currency balance, invite friends, and, coming soon, rate apps and write reviews.
Tapjoy's Mobile Value Exchange model creates value amongst consumers, advertisers and publishers. Consumers engage with publisher apps and advertiser placements by watching videos, signing up for subscriptions, installing apps and more, all in exchange for virtual currency. Advertisers connect with a very active and engaged audience base, and publishers can generate revenues to help support their free-to-play applications.
Along with today's beta launch, Tapjoy also rebranded the www.tapjoy.com web site as its consumer-facing web property with a new logo, updated design and a whole new look. The company's corporate site for mobile developers and advertisers can now be found at https://www.tapjoy.com/site.
Tapjoy is a value exchange mobile ad network whose unique Mobile Value Exchange™ model allows users to select personalized advertisements with which to engage for virtual currency or premium content. Tapjoy helps unlock mobile joy by empowering more than 280 million mobile users who choose to watch videos, subscribe to services, install applications and participate in other types of advertisements in exchange for virtual currency they can use in their favorite apps. Tapjoy's turnkey in-app advertising platform helps developers acquire cost-effective, high-value new users and monetize their applications, while its powerful advertising marketplace lets brand advertisers reach a global mobile audience spanning more than 10,000 applications. Tapjoy is backed by top-tier investors including J.P.Morgan Asset Management, Rho Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, InterWest Partners and D.E. Shaw Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company also has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London and Tokyo. For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.
Tapjoy and the Tapjoy logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tapjoy, Inc. All third party logos and trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Tapjoy, Inc.
More by this Source
Tapjoy® Appoints Yusuke Kanda as General Manager of Japan
Jul 25, 2013, 12:00 ET
Tapjoy® Adds Matthew Service as Chief Financial Officer
Jul 09, 2013, 12:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.