Tapjoy.com Reveals Updates and Announces More than 4 Million Users
Debuts new app discovery and social sharing features, plus a revamped user interface
SAN FRANCISCO, March 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Tapjoy, Inc. (www.tapjoy.com), a mobile advertising and publishing platform, today announced significant upgrades to Tapjoy.com, adding several new features and improved functionality designed to enhance mobile application discovery. The company also announced that more than 4 million users have created an account with the service since it first launched in November 2011.
The new upgrades include a revamped user interface that makes the service significantly easier to use and greatly enriches the overall experience. The site also features new social sharing and joint discovery tools that empower users to find relevant apps based on which apps their friends are using and what they think of those apps.
"Our goal for Tapjoy.com is to provide a better way for consumers to find, share and engage with great mobile apps," said Mihir Shah, Tapjoy CEO. "Research shows that consumers struggle with traditional app discovery methods and that they instead prefer to receive personalized recommendations for apps they're likely to enjoy. The rapid growth of our user base is a testament to the strength of our discovery method. We've already helped millions of people find tons of apps that they love, and we look forward to helping millions more."
What's New on Tapjoy.com
- App Ratings and Reviews: Users can now rate any app by giving it a thumbs up or down, and, coming soon, they'll also be able to write a more detailed review. Each app will show the aggregate rating it has received from the Tapjoy community, allowing the users better insight into those apps they're sure to love.
- App Details Page: Each app now has its own dedicated details page, where users can access more information about an app including ratings, descriptions, screenshots, and more.
- Recommendation Engine: Our engine now provides recommendations that are even more relevant and personalized to the user's interests.
- Local Languages: The site now appears in ten native languages, including English, German, Swedish, Russian, Spanish, French, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese (Simplified and Traditional).
- Badges: Soon users will be able to earn badges they can showcase on their profiles, such as the Trendsetter Badge for writing 20 app reviews, or the TapMaster Badge for downloading more than 20 apps.
- Public User Profiles: Coming soon users will be able to make their profiles public so that their friends can see which apps they're using, what reviews they've written, how many badges they've earned and more. All sharing is controlled by the user's privacy settings.
"These new features are based on the user feedback we've gathered and a close examination of our analytics," said Marc Bourget, head of Tapjoy.com. "We looked very closely at all of the factors that go into a user's decision to download one app over another, and we've tried to surface as many of those critical data points as possible in order to simplify and improve the decision making process. For instance, one cool feature we added was a small indicator next to each app that shows how many of your friends are playing a certain app. Assuming you trust your friends' judgment, you're definitely more likely to give that app a try."
Tapjoy.com can be accessed directly from a web browser on any iOS, Android, Windows Phone 7 or HTML5-supported device. After creating an account on Tapjoy.com and adding your mobile device, you can immediately begin earning virtual rewards for any of the apps that are part of the Tapjoy network. Tapjoy's Mobile Value Exchange model allows you to earn virtual rewards in your favorite apps in exchange for engaging in personalized advertisements such as installing recommended applications, watching videos, subscribing to services and more.
Tapjoy is a mobile advertising and publishing platform whose unique Mobile Value Exchange™ model allows users to select personalized advertisements with which to engage for virtual currency or premium content. Tapjoy helps unlock mobile joy by empowering more than 500 million mobile users who choose to watch videos, subscribe to services, install applications and participate in other types of advertisements in exchange for virtual currency they can use in their favorite apps. Tapjoy's turnkey in-app advertising platform helps developers acquire cost-effective, high-value new users and monetize their applications, while its powerful advertising marketplace lets brand advertisers reach a global mobile audience spanning more than 10,000 applications. Tapjoy is backed by top-tier investors including J.P.Morgan Asset Management, Rho Ventures, North Bridge Venture Partners, InterWest Partners and D.E. Shaw Ventures. Headquartered in San Francisco, the company also has offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, London, Paris, Beijing, Seoul and Tokyo. For more information, please visit www.tapjoy.com.
Tapjoy and the Tapjoy logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tapjoy, Inc. All third party logos and trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Tapjoy, Inc.
More by this Source
Tapjoy® Appoints Yusuke Kanda as General Manager of Japan
Jul 25, 2013, 12:00 ET
Tapjoy® Adds Matthew Service as Chief Financial Officer
Jul 09, 2013, 12:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.