SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Oct. 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Axon, a business unit of TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR) and the global leader in digital evidence management solutions with the leading body-worn camera, today announced that it will release the virtual reality video featured in its booth at this year's International Association of Chief's of Police conference in San Diego. Immediately following the tradeshow tomorrow afternoon, every law enforcement officer will have access to the virtual reality experience through the Axon Insider mobile app. The VR experience gives officers a unique 360-degree view on how the Axon network of devices and apps enables them to go with confidence from the field to the courtroom. The video will be available in the Axon Insider app, which can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and on Google Play. Visit Axon.io/VR for a chance to receive a complimentary VR headset from TASER.
At this year's IACP conference TASER also announced the release of the Axon Flex 2, a next generation update to its iconic Axon Flex camera. Flex 2 will feature a host of improvements over Axon's original point-of-view camera, from an increase in video quality from 480p to 1080p to new mounting options and better battery life. Its increased field-of-vision means that officers can capture more and gain a new perspective. TASER will start initial shipments of the Axon Flex 2 in December 2016 with full production beginning in Q1 2017. For additional specs and pre-order information visit: axon.io/flex2
In addition to its Axon Flex 2 announcement, TASER presented its new on-demand Transcription Service for Evidence.com. Offered through SpeakWrite as a premiere partner, the new 24/7 service will allow Evidence.com users to order transcriptions of video and audio files on a pay-as-you-go basis from trained, US-based typists. Within about 24 hours, transcriptions of body camera video, in-car video, interview room video and audio, and Axon Capture recordings are automatically synced with Evidence.com and made available as metadata for the relevant evidence file.
During the conference, TASER CEO and Co-Founder Rick Smith laid out the company's vision to reduce paperwork for officers and to start having technology work for them. In order to help departments maximize the value of their digital data, TASER intends to develop and make available a cloud-based alternative to traditional RMS technology that will be tightly integrated with its Evidence.com system.
Get the virtual tour of the TASER IACP booth and hear about our new product announcements by joining our live Facebook stream on Monday, 10/17. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TASER.International for more details.
To date, more than 100,000 licenses have been booked on the Axon network worldwide. The Axon network seamlessly integrates devices and apps to enable powerful capabilities for building safer communities. The Axon network includes:
- Smart Devices – Body cameras and in-car video that leverage technology such as Bluetooth® wireless technology and Wi-Fi® to better track and manage data
- Mobile Apps – Evidence management for iOS and Android devices with Axon View and Axon Capture
- Unified and Integrated Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS) – One platform that removes siloed DEMS through cloud computing, integrations across media points, and open file standards that do not require proprietary file formats or media players
- Forensic Suite Tools - Forensic analysis via Axon Five and Axon Detect and proprietary video format conversion via Axon Convert
- Connected Ecosystem – From capture to courtroom, securely share and track digital evidence across public safety stakeholders
- Digital Verification and Audit Logs – Record every interaction with any piece of digital evidence including capture, ingest, retrieve, manage, and share
- Advanced Security – Industry–leading people, practices, and products that comply with CJIS at both the infrastructure and application layers and ISO/IEC 27001
Follow the TASER and Axon brand here:
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AxonTechnology
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Axon/117780381886687
- TASER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its Axon brand which includes a growing suite of connected products and services from body cameras and digital evidence management tools to mobile apps. More than 173,000 lives have been saved from death or serious injury with TASER's products and services. Learn more at www.TASER.com and www.axon.io or by calling (800) 978-2737.
TASER, Axon, and Evidence.com are trademarks of TASER International, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and in other countries. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Wi-Fi is registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
The Axon Flex 2 has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained. TASER expects to receive FCC authorization in the fourth quarter of 2016.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, www.twitter.com/officialtaser, and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
For investor relations information please contact Arvind Bobra by via email at IR@taser.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/taser-turns-heads-at-iacp-2016-with-virtual-reality-experience-releases-cutting-edge-vr-through-mobile-app-300345618.html
SOURCE TASER International, Inc.