SEATTLE, Nov. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- TASER International (NASDAQ: TASR), the global leader in body-worn cameras and digital evidence management tools for law enforcement, today announced the selection of the Axon body-worn video platform by the London Metropolitan Police Service. The new cameras will be deployed to all frontline officers. Final contract details are still being negotiated at this time.
Led by the Mayor's Office of Policing and Crime (MOPAC), the Metropolitan Police completed a 12-month pilot earlier this year using 1,000 of TASER's Axon body-worn cameras. The world's largest trial of body cameras to date was considered a success and a research study conducted by MOPAC and the College of Policing found that introducing the cameras resulted in a 33-percent reduction in complaints against officers.
"This is a hugely exciting moment for both TASER and its Axon technology platform. We're driving a global trend toward smarter, more transparent policing and we're beyond thrilled to be pushing new boundaries forward with one of the largest and most well respected police forces in the world," said TASER CEO and Founder Rick Smith. "Our Axon platform is now the most widely used body camera and digital evidence management solution in law enforcement, providing new and innovative ways to maximize officer safety while enhancing the level of trust of citizens through the collection of video evidence."
"I'm delighted that we will be able to press ahead with the roll-out of this technology. For too long our equipment has lagged behind the technology almost everyone has in their pockets to capture events as they unfold," said Sir Bernard Hogan Howe, Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police. "Soon, more of our officers will be able to make a record of the very challenging circumstances they are asked to deal with on a daily basis and then demonstrate, more effectively, the reality of policing our capital."
Given the scale and complexity of the anticipated contract, the Company does not expect to release any additional information until it releases financial results for the year 2015 in February 2016.
About Axon & Evidence.com Platform:
Thousands of law enforcement agencies to date are now utilizing the Axon platform, allowing them to seamlessly integrate software and hardware to enable powerful capabilities. The Axon platform connects technology and people in order to create safer communities.
- Powerful Simplicity: Our hardware and software products work together seamlessly and are easy to use, with software upgrades every 30 days that continually expand law enforcement capabilities.
- Security Beyond CJIS. Our security practices go above and beyond CJIS requirements to keep law enforcement's most sensitive data safe.
- Connected Mobile App Suite. The Axon suite of mobile applications augments the body camera experience and allows officers to Capture, View, and stream Live video from their smartphone.
- Infinite Capabilities from Capture to Courtroom: From body cameras and dash cameras to digital evidence management tools we arm law enforcement with great capabilities to help them focus on policing.
- CAD/RMS Integration - Automates Axon video tagging by pulling in the correct metadata from existing systems.
- Interview room - Axon now supports an enterprise interview room solution, unifying an agency's digital evidence
- Automated redaction – Smart Tracker is an expanded suite of redaction tools that streamlines the fulfillment of public records requests
- Prosecutor Solution - Secure digital collaboration with the prosecutor saves time and money
Follow the TASER and Axon brand here:
- Axon on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Axon/117780381886687
- TASER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International
- Axon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AxonTechnology
- TASER on Twitter: https://twitter.com/OfficialTASER
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International makes communities safer with innovative public safety technologies. Founded in 1993, TASER first transformed law enforcement with its electrical weapons. TASER continues to define smarter policing with its Axon brand which includes a growing suite of connected products and services from body cameras and digital evidence management tools to mobiles apps. More than 158,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with TASER's products and services. Learn more at www.taser.com and www.axon.io or by calling (800) 978-2737.
Axon View, Axon Signal, Axon Body 2, RapidLock, Dock and Walk, Evidence.com, TASER, Axon, and Axon Flex are trademarks of TASER International, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and in other countries.
Note to Investors
Please visit http://investor.taser.com, http://blog.taser.com, www.twitter.com/taser_ir www.twitter.com/officialtaser and https://www.facebook.com/TASER.International where TASER discloses information from time to time about the company, its financial information, and its business.
Visit our Investor Relations Safe Harbor Statement at: http://investor.taser.com/safeHarbor.cfm
SOURCE TASER International, Inc.