Taste the Flavors of Colorado: Events Celebrate the State's Agriculture
DENVER, Aug. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- From spicy chilies and juicy peaches to tender beef and flowing wine, Colorado showcases seemingly unlimited agricultural products at farmers markets and festivals. August has been declared "Colorado Proud" month, and below is a sampling of events where attendees are invited to indulge in the many tastes of Colorado from August into the fall season.
- Olathe Sweet Corn Festival (August 5-6). Visitors can taste unlimited boiled or roasted corn, early in the corn season. www.OlatheSweetCornFest.com
- Delta County Fair and Rodeo (August 7-14) offers rodeos, a Dutch oven cook-off, barbeque and livestock show. www.DeltaCounty.com, to view a complete list of Colorado county fairs, visit: www.Ext.ColoState.edu/staffres/fairsched.pdf
- Beef N' Bean Day (August 13) in Milliken showcases a bean cook off contest and barbeque dinner, beer garden, jalapeno eating contest and more. www.MillikenCo.gov
- The Palisade Peach Festival (August 18-21) is a celebration of everything peach from pies to salsa. The Lafayette Peach Festival (August 20) features 30,000 pounds of organic Palisade peaches. www.PalisadePeachFest.com, www.LafayetteColorado.com
- Telluride Mushroom Festival (August 18-21) celebrates all aspects of the fungal world, from gourmet wild edibles to medicinal mushrooms. www.ShroomFest.com
- Rocky Ford Watermelon Day (August 20) offers world-renown cantaloupes and watermelons produced in Rocky Ford. www.ArkValleyFair.com
- Colorado State Fair (August 26 – September 5) showcases livestock shows, horse shows and the Colorado Dueling Cooks Challenge. www.ColoradoStateFair.com
- Corn Roast Festival (August 26-27) celebrates all things corn in Loveland with unlimited roasted and boiled corn, shucking, eating and recipe contests. www.Loveland.org
- Taste of Colorado (September 2-5) is the state's end-of-summer celebration in Denver with local food, artisans and entertainment. www.ATasteofColorado.com
- Windsor Harvest Festival (September 3-5) includes a town barbeque, street dance and horse drawn carriage rides. www.WindsorHarvestFest.com
- The Monte Vista Potato Festival (September 10) offers tours of fields, food booths, chef demos and more. The Potato Day Festival (September 10) in Greeley offers demonstrations including corn shelling and kid's potato patch. www.ColoradoPotato.org, www.GreeleyGov.com
- Colorado Mountain Wine Fest (September 15-18) draws wine lovers to sample Colorado wines and participate in events, including the Tour de Vineyards bicycle tour. www.ColoradoWineFest.com
For more information on Colorado's agricultural products, farmers markets and events, download a copy of the 2011 Colorado Farm Fresh Directory at www.ColoradoAgriculture.com/farmfresh.
Contact: Carly Grimes/720-289-9366, email@example.com
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office
More by this Source
Soak Up The Soothing Powers Of Hot Springs In Colorado
Feb 20, 2014, 13:34 ET
Colorado Hosts Unusual And Wacky Events In 2014
Jan 08, 2014, 11:42 ET
Colorado's Festive Celebrations Ring In 2014 In Style
Dec 10, 2013, 10:07 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.