BELLEVUE, Wash., June 5, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Technology Business Management (TBM) Council, a nonprofit organization dedicated to standardizing and promoting best practices for managing the business of IT, today announced that nominations are now open for the third-annual TBM Awards. The awards honor IT and finance leaders for their ingenuity, creativity, and contribution to the Technology Business Management methodology. Winners will be highlighted during the TBM Conference 2015 on Tuesday, October 27 at the historic Field Museum in Chicago.
The TBM Awards were established to recognize IT and finance leaders for strategic and operational excellence in five distinct areas:
- Business Innovator Award: Recognizing CIOs, CTOs and CDOs that help their technology organizations drive or empower business innovation.
- Infrastructure Trailblazer Award: Celebrating CTOs and/or SVPs of Infrastructure who have leveraged infrastructure engineering for a new level of business results.
- IT Services Transformation Award: Honoring CIOs and other executives who have transformed IT from a technology-focused, order-taking organization into a strategic business partner that brings the value of IT to the business.
- CFO of IT Excellence Award: Recognizing finance leaders with IT responsibilities that drive an IT financial strategy that matches the demands of the organization.
- TBM Champion Award: Commending leaders who are at the forefront of the TBM initiative, institutionalizing it as a methodology and functional role within their organizations.
"Each year, we are blown away by the level of innovation and creativity Council members demonstrate through the use of the TBM methodology. The TBM Awards were designed to highlight and award the more forward-thinking among us," said Todd Tucker, General Manager of the TBM Council. "I encourage anyone who can demonstrate success in the award areas to submit for the TBM Awards and seize the opportunity to be recognized among industry leaders and peers."
The TBM Awards judging committee is comprised of industry-leading technologists, in both academia and business. This year's judging panel includes:
- Todd Tucker | General Manager, TBM Council
- George Westerman | Research Scientist, MIT Initiative on the Digital Economy
- Martha Heller | President, Heller Search Associates
- Carl Stumpf | Managing Director, CME Group
- Alex Mueller-Herbst | Partner, ISG
TBM is a methodology and discipline for managing IT like a business subscribed to by nearly 1,700 forward-thinking IT professionals. These awards recognize the profound impact that these professionals have on their organization by empowering operational excellence, business innovation, business transformation, TBM vision and best practices. The TBM Council will accept submissions for the 2015 Technology Business Management Awards through June 28, 2015. Submit your application here: http://tbmcouncil.org/awards/submit.html
TBM Council membership is open to any qualified IT, finance or business leader or TBM practitioners who meet the applicable membership standards. For more information or to join the TBM Council, please visit www.TBMCouncil.org.
About TBM Council
The Technology Business Management (TBM) Council is a nonprofit business entity focused on the development of a definitive framework for running technology organizations like a business. It is directed by an independent body of IT leaders from a diverse group of the world's most innovative companies like Cisco Systems, First American, Hewlett-Packard, Apptio, and more. The TBM Council's mission is to serve its members by delivering on key mandates of collaboration, standardization, and education. To learn more about the TBM Council, visit: www.tbmcouncil.org.
SOURCE Technology Business Management (TBM) Council