TBN Observes Anniversary of 9/11 Tragedy With Special Programming
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On Tuesday, September 11, individuals and families across America will recall the unforgettable day, September 11, 2001, when tragedy struck as terrorists commandeered three jetliners and used them as deadly weapons against our nation. Trinity Broadcasting Network will join in that observance, September 9 through 11, as it airs a series of special programs to memorialize the tragedy and those who died, as well as to remember the courage and miracles that helped to define the aftermath of the tragedy.
While thousands perished at the World Trade Center in New York City, the Pentagon in Washington, D.C., and in the field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania, the perpetrators of those attacks failed in their goal of demoralizing America, as the nation rose in unity to fight back. And the amazing accounts of heroism in the air and on the ground, as well as the stories of God's miraculous intervention in the hours and days following the attacks, continue to inspire millions around the world to courage and faith.
Each year TBN memorializes the 9/11 tragedy, and among the special programs scheduled for this year's remembrance are:
- A Reason to Remember. Narrated by recording artist Joni Sledge, and with interviews from emergency workers, survivors, and families of victims, this 9/11 tribute shows how individuals came together to save lives, bring healing, and, with God's help, triumph over the tragedy that impacted the nation. Airs September 9-12 (check here for broadcast times).
- A Vision of Hope. Remembering 9/11. Hosted popular singer Tanya Hart, A Vision of Hope demonstrates how God used the 9/11 tragedy to turn the hearts of many in America back to Him. Airs September 10-12 (check here for broadcast times).
- Heroes of Flight 93 tells the powerful story of the heroic passengers who took back their plane over the Pennsylvania countryside in an effort to stop one of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. Airs September 10-12 (check here for broadcast times).
- The Cross and the Towers follows a group of individuals whose lives were changed forever, not only by the horrific events of September 11, but by the miraculous symbol of hope they found in a perfectly formed cross, composed of the beams from one of the fallen World Trade Center towers, and discovered in the chaotic mountain of rubble. Airs September 10-12 (check here for broadcast times).
- Day of Miracles recounts the countless unexplainable events that occurred in the aftermath of the national tragedy of 9/11, demonstrating that in the midst of the horror and pain, God was still present to help. Airs September 10-12 (check here for broadcast times).
Salvation Army Commissioner Joe Noland, who remained at "Ground Zero" of the World Trade Center in the aftermath of the attacks as he helped oversee the humanitarian effort, said that it is crucial for the nation to remember the attacks, those who died, and those who responded in selfless courage. "More than a decade later we are compelled to recall the everyday heroes in those horrific moments," he said, "which is why TBN's commitment to broadcast these specials is so important. Telling the real story is a vital service to us all."
In addition to these moving and inspiring programs, TBN will also air a number of other specials in observance of the 9/11 tragedy. For a complete listing check TBN's daily broadcast schedule.
Dr. Paul Crouch TBN's founder and President, said the network has been humbled and honored in the years since 9/11 to help individuals remember the tragedy and those who died. "Perhaps the greatest gift that Americans can give is to provide a yearly tribute of remembrance and respect for the nearly 3,000 people killed in the terror attacks on that day in 2001."
Colby May, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 202-544-5171
SOURCE Trinity Broadcasting Network
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.