Business travellers are invited to offer condolences and pay their respects and offer messages of condolences. Special transport services have also been laid on. You are advised to check details and opening dates and times posted at the website of the Royal Household follow this link (http://brh.thaigov.net)
Please be advised of the following:
- The Royal Thai Government's proposal that entertainment businesses could proceed during the national mourning period as normal as possible while bearing in mind the appropriateness to situation. The government intends to allow all television stations to return to normal programming a month after the passing of the much-revered king. All systems must proceed as normal but televised programmes and dramas must instill knowledge and information about His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej's great merits and royal activities for their audiences.
- Although mourning attire is not required for visitors, somber and respectful attire is advised in public places. Business travellers should also refrain from any inappropriate or disrespectful behaviour.
- MICE venues will be open as usual with the exception of reserved areas in Wat Phra Kaeo (Temple of the Emerald Buddha) and the Grand Palace, as they will be the venue of the Royal Funeral Rites. Cultural events will take place as usual, although festivities are discouraged as a mark of respect. Events may be dedicated to the memory of His Majesty the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
- All transport, banks, hospitals and other public services will continue to operate as usual. The Royal Thai Government has also requested cooperation of entertainment venues, some of which may adjust their operating hours and programmes as a mark of respect.
- As a precaution, the authorities have stepped up security measures around the country to ensure safety of residents and visitors.
TCEB wishes to inform the international MICE community that during this period of national mourning, some tourist attractions in the Kingdom have adjusted their opening dates and times as a mark of respect. TCEB would like to recommend that business travellers reconfirm their itineraries with their destination management and check local media regularly for updates.
As the government's flagship body for the MICE sector, TCEB would like to take this opportunity to extend our thanks to all business travellers for their understanding and continuing support for Thailand during this period of national mourning.
For further information, business travellers should call TCEB: +66 (0) 2694 6000, TCEB Call Centre at 1105 (within Thailand only), or visit www.tceb.or.th or contact email@example.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20161102/435241LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tceb-statement-recommendations-regarding-mourning-period-of-his-majesty-king-bhumibol-adulyadej-2-november-2016-300355795.html
SOURCE Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau