TCS SocialSoccer New App from Tata Consultancy Services Re-imagines World Cup Experience for Soccer (aka. Football) Fans
NEW YORK, June 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- In today's hyper-connected world, events like the 2014 FIFA World Cup dominate online conversations globally. As one of the world's biggest sporting events, this World Cup will be eagerly watched by millions of soccer fans who will be following – and sharing their views on – every goal, tackle and penalty appeal.
To help soccer fans follow the online conversation during the tournament, Tata Consultancy Services has reimagined the World Cup experience by launching a brand new app, TCS SocialSoccer, to give them a truly immersive social experience through their smartphones or tablets. Soccer fans can track the mood and thoughts of fellow fans from around the world about teams, players and key events, aggregated in real-time.
Using sophisticated algorithms, TCS SocialSoccer aggregates real-time analysis of all matches based on Twitter data, tracking sentiment and key talking points from pundits, 'footballers' and fans from across the globe. Users can follow all games and monitor the performance of their team and favorite players. The app is fully interactive, enabling fans to interact with other supporters, identify the biggest talking points from specific matches and monitor sentiment.
Key features of the app include:
- Pre- and post-match analysis of all games during the 2014 FIFA World Cup
- Real-time analytics of Twitter buzz and trends during matches
- The ability to follow your favorite teams and get up-to-date stats on the app's home screen
- Location-based sentiment analysis – find out where teams and players are receiving the most support from around the world (e.g., huge pockets of Americans supporting Italy)
- Compare online conversations around every team and player
- Schedules, scores and key moments of every game
Throughout the tournament, you can also follow the social insights generated by TCS SocialSoccer through the TCS Facebook Page, as well as @TCS_SocSoc; #SocialSoccer on Twitter.
SOURCE Tata Consultancy Services