TD Bank Recognized as Best Bank on the East Coast by Money
Unparalleled Convenience and Low Bar to Free Checking Among Reasons TD Bank Included in Magazine's Best Banks 2011 List
CHERRY HILL, N.J., and PORTLAND, Maine, Aug. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, was named "Best Regional Bank/East" in Money's "Best Banks 2011" list. Available in the September issue, the list explored bank account options in national banks, credit unions as well as regional banks—such as TD Bank—and provided consumers with a variety of national and regional banking options.
TD Bank earned the title "Best Regional Bank/East" for several reasons, most notably convenient hours including extended evening hours, Sundays and holidays as well as a low bar for free checking.
Money, the leading personal finance magazine, noted that monthly fees can be avoided at TD Bank with a $100 daily balance in checking accounts. The bank was also cited for its savings account rewards and opportunities for those 60+ to have free money orders and bank checks.
"We could not be more proud to be named Money's Best Regional Bank in the East especially during these challenging economic times," says Bharat Masrani, President and CEO, TD Bank. "Convenience is at the heart of everything we do from being open 7 days, to our live 24/7, 365 day live contact center and extends to our simple, hassle-free product offerings."
As the list noted, one of TD Bank's key offerings is a low bar to free checking. While many banks reacted to recent government regulations by eliminating free checking or adding requirements to accounts, TD Bank launched the TD Convenient Choice Checking Suite. The product set offers six simple checking accounts with unique options and features, thus enabling customers to select the checking product that is just right for them:
- TD Convenience Checking—for customers who can maintain a minimum balance of $100 and offers the first order of checks free of charge.
- TD 60 Plus Checking—an interest-bearing account for customers aged 60 and over that includes numerous discounts and fee waivers.
- TD Student Checking—for full-time students, requiring no minimum balance and offering one free overdraft per year, along with free overdraft protection transfers and the first order of checks free.
- TD Simple Checking—for customers who don't want to worry about maintaining a particular balance amount and like the consistency of a low, fixed monthly fee.
- TD Premium Checking—for customers who maintain higher balances ($2,500) and want maximum interest.
- TD Relationship Checking—for customers who want a deeper relationship with TD and can maintain higher balances ($20,000).
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 7.4 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at more than 1,250 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized wealth management services through TD Wealth, and insurance products and services through TD Insurance, Inc. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., and Portland, Maine. To learn more, follow TD Bank on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US or visit www.tdbank.com.
TD Bank is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America and one of the few banks in the world rated AAA by Moody's. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD." To learn more, visit www.td.com.
SOURCE TD Bank
More by this Source
TD Encourages its Customers and Employees to "Be a fan®" and Support Special Olympics
May 13, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.