TD Charitable Foundation Awards $2.5 Million in Grants to Non-Profits Focused on Affordable Housing Initiatives
"Building for the Future" themed competition awards 25 grants supporting New Unit Creation, Energy Efficiency, and Capacity Building projects
CHERRY HILL, N.J. and PORTLAND, Maine, Nov. 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, today announced the winners of $2.5 million in grants to support affordable housing initiatives through its sixth annual company-wide "Housing for Everyone" grant competition.
The competition invited local non-profit organizations from Maine to Florida to submit proposals outlining their plans and initiatives to support and provide affordable housing initiatives in their communities. Twenty-five organizations throughout TD Bank's footprint from Maine to Florida were awarded a $100,000 grant for a total grant donation of $2.5 million in 2011.
"Access to affordable, energy efficient safe housing is a significant need for millions of families, and these grants will help expand the availability of such housing in several neighborhoods in need," said Elizabeth K. Warn, President of the TD Charitable Foundation and Senior Vice President of Community Development for TD Bank. "We are proud to award 'Housing for Everyone' grants to these organizations as they continue to make a meaningful difference in their communities."
The new unit creation, energy efficiency, and capacity building grant winners are:
- Connecticut: Columbus House, Inc.
- Delaware: Interfaith Community Housing of Delaware, Inc.
- Florida: Homeless Emergency Project, Inc.; Miami Beach Community Development Corporation, Inc.; and Osceola County Council on Aging, Inc.
- Maine: Coastal Enterprises, Inc.
- Massachusetts: Community Development Partnership; Lawrence Community Works, Inc.; and Preservation of Affordable Housing, Inc. (POAH)
- New Hampshire: Laconia Area Community Land Trust
- New Jersey: Habitat for Humanity of Bergen County; Jersey City Episcopal Community Development Corporation; and Volunteers of America Delaware Valley, Inc.
- New York: Asian Americans for Equality, Inc.; Banana Kelly Community Improvement Association, Inc.; Bridge Street Development Corporation; Community Development Corporation of Long Island, Inc.; and Rural Ulster Preservation Company, Inc.
- North Carolina: Mountain Housing Opportunities, Inc.
- Pennsylvania: 1260 Housing Development Corporation; Hispanic Association of Contractors and Enterprises, Inc.; and Women's Community Revitalization Project
- South Carolina: Upstate Forever
- Vermont: Champlain Housing Trust
- Washington, DC: Jubilee Housing, Inc.
The 2011 Housing for Everyone grant competition featured a theme of "Building for the Future" that focused on the creation of new units, energy efficiency, and capacity building projects. Organizations were required to have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status and to develop or maintain affordable housing, or provide housing-related programs and services to very low-, low- and moderate-income individuals or families.
To learn more about TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, stop by a store, visit us at www.tdbank.com, or find us on Facebook and Twitter at www.facebook.com/TDMoneyLoungeUS and www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
About the TD Charitable Foundation
The TD Charitable Foundation is the charitable giving arm of TD Bank N.A., which operates as TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, and is one of the 10 largest commercial banking organizations in the United States. The Foundation's mission is to serve the individuals, families and businesses in all the communities where TD Bank operates, having made $82.9 million in charitable donations since its inception in 2002. The Foundation's areas of focus are affordable housing, education and financial literacy, and the environment. More information on the TD Charitable Foundation, including an online grant application, is available at www.TDBank.com.
SOURCE TD Charitable Foundation
More by this Source
TD Charitable Foundation Surpasses $100 Million in Grants to Non-Profit Organizations
Apr 25, 2013, 09:57 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.