CHERRY HILL, N.J., Nov. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, today announced the winners of $2.5 million in grants to support affordable housing initiatives through its tenth annual "Housing for Everyone" grant competition.
To bolster affordable housing efforts, the TD Charitable Foundation's "Housing for Everyone" competition invites non-profits from Maine to Florida to submit proposals outlining their plans and initiatives.
"Each year it is our pleasure to support housing agencies that are making a difference in the community," said Mike Rayder, Donation and Foundation Manager, TD Charitable Foundation. "Affordable housing affects thousands and we are proud to partner with agencies to address this critical need."
This year's "Housing for Everyone" grants winners are:
- Connecticut: NeighborWorks New Horizons
- Delaware: Ministry of Caring, Inc.
- Florida: Rebuilding Together Miami-Dade, Inc.; Landings of St. Andrew; City of North Miami
- Maine: Avesta Housing Development Corporation
- Massachusetts: Neighborhood of Affordable Housing, Inc.; Preservation of Affordable Housing, Inc.; The Neighborhood Developers
- New Hampshire: Southwestern Community Services, Inc.
- New Jersey: Geriatric Services, Inc.; Build with Purpose, Inc.; Cooper's Ferry Development; Homeless Solutions, Inc.
- New York: Common Ground; Banana Kelly Community Improvement Association, Inc.; Catholic Charities Progress of Peoples Development Corporation; Fitzgerald House, Inc.; Project Renewal, Inc.
- Pennsylvania: Impact Services Corp.; Energy Coordinating Agency of Philadelphia, Inc.
- Rhode Island: Women's Development Corporation
- South Carolina: Homes of Hope, Inc.
- Vermont: Cathedral Square Corporation
- Virginia: Wesley Housing Development Corporation of Northern Virginia
Organizations were required to have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status or be a governmental agency and to develop or maintain affordable housing, or provide housing-related programs and services to very low-, low- and moderate-income individuals or families.
A staunch commitment to active involvement in the local community is a vital element of the TD Bank philosophy. TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank® and the TD Charitable Foundation provide support to affordable housing, financial literacy and education, and environmental initiatives, many of which focus on improving the welfare of children and families.
About the TD Charitable Foundation
The TD Charitable Foundation is the charitable giving arm of TD Bank N.A., which operates as TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, and is one of the 10 largest commercial banking organizations in the United States. The Foundation's mission is to serve the individuals, families and businesses in all the communities where TD Bank operates, having made more than $148.1 million in charitable donations since its inception in 2002. The Foundation's areas of focus are affordable housing, financial literacy and education, and the environment. More information on the TD Charitable Foundation, including an online grant application, is available at www.TDBank.com.
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com.
SOURCE TD Charitable Foundation