CHERRY HILL, N.J., Dec. 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, recently donated a total of $750,000 in grants to food pantries throughout the bank's footprint from Maine to Florida.
The grants will help pantries prepare for the holiday season and aid in assisting thousands of people experiencing food insecurities.
"Each year, thousands of people experience a shortage of food, so the assistance from our local food banks is vital," said Michael Rayder, Foundation Manager of the TD Charitable Foundation. "We are extremely proud to continue our support of food pantries throughout our footprint as demands for food increases."
The following food pantries, listed by state, received grants:
- Connecticut: Connecticut Food Bank, Inc. - New Haven
- Connecticut: Foodshare, Inc. - Bloomfield
- Delaware: Food Bank of Delaware, Inc.- Newark
- Florida: Bread of the Mighty Food - Gainesville
- Florida: Community Food Bank of Citrus County - Crystal River
- Florida: First Step Food Bank - Ocala
- Florida: Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida, Brevard Branch - Melbourne
- Florida: Palm Beach Country Food - Lantana
- Florida: Treasure Coast Food Bank, Inc. - Fort Pierce
- Maine: Good Shepherd Food Bank- Auburn
- Maryland: Manna Food Center, Inc. - Gaithersburg
- Maryland: Maryland Food Bank, Inc.- Baltimore
- Massachusetts: The Greater Boston Food Bank - Boston
- Massachusetts: Food Bank of Western - Hatfield
- New Hampshire: New Hampshire Food Bank - Manchester
- New Jersey: Mercer Street Friends Center - Trenton
- New Jersey: Community Food Bank of New Jersey, Inc., Southern Branch - Egg Harbor Township
- New York: Food Bank of the Hudson Valley - Hudson
- New York: Interfaith Council of Plattsburgh and Clinton County - Plattsburgh
- New York: Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York - Albany
- New York: Island Harvest, Ltd. - Mineola
- New York: The Salvation Army, Glens Falls Corps – Glens Falls
- North Carolina: Food Bank of Central and Eastern – Raleigh
- Pennsylvania: Chester Country Food Bank – Exton
- Pennsylvania: Philabundance - Philadelphia
- Rhode Island: Rhode Island Community Food Bank Association - Providence
- South Carolina: Lowcountry Food Bank, Inc. – Charleston
- South Carolina: South Carolina Food Bank Association – Columbia
- Vermont: Vermont Food Bank - Barre
- Virginia: Northern Virginia Family Service – Oakton
- Washington: Capital Area Food Bank - D.C.
A staunch commitment to active involvement in the local community is a vital element of the TD Bank philosophy. TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank® and the TD Charitable Foundation provide support to affordable housing, financial literacy and education, and environmental initiatives, many of which focus on improving the welfare of children and families.
About the TD Charitable Foundation
The TD Charitable Foundation is the charitable giving arm of TD Bank N.A., which operates as TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, and is one of the 10 largest commercial banking organizations in the United States. The Foundation's mission is to serve the individuals, families and businesses in all the communities where TD Bank operates, having made more than $148.1 million in charitable donations since its inception in 2002. The Foundation's areas of focus are affordable housing, financial literacy and education, and the environment. More information on the TD Charitable Foundation, including an online grant application, is available at www.TDBank.com.
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com
SOURCE TD Charitable Foundation