CHERRY HILL, N.J., Dec. 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, recently donated a total of $805,000 in grants to food pantries across the bank's Maine to Florida footprint.
These grants will help 32 pantries prepare for the holiday season – assisting thousands of people experiencing food insecurities.
"Many Americans today live hand to mouth and don't know where their next meal is coming from," said Michael Rayder, Foundation Manager at the TD Charitable Foundation. "The need can be even greater over the holiday season. We are proud to help feed families in the communities we serve."
We have provided grants to the following food pantries.
- Connecticut: Connecticut Food Bank, Inc. - Wallingford
- Connecticut: Foodshare, Inc. - Bloomfield
- Delaware: Food Bank of Delaware, Inc.- Newark
- Florida: First Step Food Bank - Ocala
- Florida: Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida, Volusia Branch - Daytona Beach
- Florida: Harvest Food & Outreach Center - Vero Beach
- Florida: Heartland Food Bank - Sebring
- Florida: Catholic Charities Bureau, Inc. - Lake City
- Maine: Good Shepherd Food Bank - Auburn
- Maryland: Manna Food Center, Inc. - Gaithersburg
- Massachusetts: Food Bank of Western - Hatfield
- New Hampshire: New Hampshire Food Bank - Manchester
- New Jersey: Mercer Street Friends Center - Trenton
- New York: Food Bank of the Hudson Valley - Hudson
- New York: Island Harvest, Ltd. - Bethpage
- New York: The Food Bank for Westchester, Inc. - Elmsford
- New York: Interfaith Council of Plattsburgh and Clinton County - Plattsburgh
- New York: Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York - Latham
- New York: St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters - New York
- New York: The Salvation Army, Glens Falls Corps - Glens Falls
- New York: Citymeals-on-Wheels - Bloomfield
- North Carolina: Food Bank of Central and Eastern - Raleigh
- North Carolina: Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina - Charlotte
- North Carolina: Manna Food Bank, Inc. - Asheville
- Pennsylvania: The Salvation Army - Allentown
- Pennsylvania: Chester Country Food Bank - Exton
- Pennsylvania: Philabundance - Philadelphia
- Rhode Island: Rhode Island Community Food Bank Association - Providence
- South Carolina: Lowcountry Food Bank, Inc. - Charleston
- South Carolina: South Carolina Food Bank Association - Columbia
- Vermont: Vermont Food Bank - Barre
- Virginia: Food for Others, Inc. - Fairfax
- Washington D.C.: Capital Area Food Bank
"TD is staunchly committed to supporting our local communities," said Rayder. "This is a vital component of our philosophy. Through the TD Charitable Foundation, we proudly support affordable housing, financial education, environmental initiatives, improving the lives of children and families throughout our communities."
About the TD Charitable Foundation
The TD Charitable Foundation is the charitable giving arm of TD Bank N.A., which operates as TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, and is one of the 10 largest commercial banking organizations in the United States. The Foundation's mission is to serve the individuals, families and businesses in all the communities where TD Bank operates, having made more than $167.3 million in charitable donations since its inception in 2002. The Foundation's areas of focus are affordable housing, financial literacy and education, and the environment. More information on the TD Charitable Foundation, including an online grant application, is available at www.TDBank.com.
About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US.
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/td-charitable-foundation-donates-805000-to-food-pantries-from-maine-to-florida-300382530.html
SOURCE TD Charitable Foundation