TD Charitable Foundation Donates Nearly $2 Million in Grants to Support Capital Improvements to Affordable Housing Efforts Through Its 'Housing for Everyone' Grant Competition
Forty-two housing non-profits from Maine to Florida win grants
CHERRY HILL, N.J., and PORTLAND, Maine, Nov. 4, 2010, /PRNewswire/ -- The TD Charitable Foundation, the charitable giving arm of TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank ®, announced today the 42 winners of its annual "Housing for Everyone" grant competition. Award winners from Maine to Florida will receive a total of nearly $2 million in grants to support affordable housing initiatives.
The "Housing for Everyone" grant competition drew hundreds of proposals from housing non-profits for projects to help improve the housing environment in communities where TD Bank does business. Grant awards ranged from $10,000 to $100,000 and were given to non-profits looking to preserve and improve affordable housing units through upgrades to property conditions, increased energy efficiency, and cost savings realized through newer heating, cooling, insulation, window replacement, roof replacement and other renovations.
The winning organizations include:
- Connecticut: Central Connecticut Coast YMCA, Inc.; and Neighborhood Housing Services of New Haven, Inc.
- District of Columbia: Daffodil House, Inc.
- Florida: Carrfour Supportive Housing, Inc.; Habitat for Humanity of Martin County; Housing Authority of the City of Titusville; Osceola County Council on Aging, Inc.; Village of Hope Palm Beach County, Inc. dba Villages of Hope; and Volunteers of America of Florida, Inc.
- Maine: Avesta Housing Development Corporation.
- Maryland: Hartford Family House, Inc.; and Montgomery Housing Partnership, Inc.
- Massachusetts: Chelsea Neighborhood Developers, Inc.; Coalition for a Better Acre, Inc.; HAP, Inc. dba HAP Housing; and Lawrence Community Works, Inc.
- New Hampshire: NeighborWorks Greater Manchester; and Preservation of Affordable Housing, Inc.
- New Jersey: Diocesan Housing Services Corporation of the Diocese of Camden, Inc.; Homeless Solutions, Inc.; Housing and Neighborhood Development Services, Inc. aka HANDS; Moorestown Ecumenical Neighborhood Development Inc.; NewBridge Services, Inc.; Saint Joseph's Carpenter Society; and VOADV (Volunteers of America Delaware Valley ) Property, Inc.
- New York: Adults and Children with Learning and Developmental Disabilities, Inc.; Belmont Arthur Avenue Local Development Corporation; Broadway Housing Communities, Inc.; CDCLI Housing Development Fund Corporation; Friends of the North Country, Inc.; Interfaith Council For Action, Inc.; Kimmel Housing Development Foundation; New Destiny Housing Corporation; Selfhelp Community Services, Inc.; Settlement Housing Fund, Inc.; and Women's Housing and Economic Development Corporation.
- Pennsylvania: Asociacion Puertorriquenos En Marcha, Inc.; Federation Housing, Inc.; Housing Authority of the City of Easton; and Project H.O.M.E.
- Vermont: Champlain Housing Trust.
- Virginia: Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia.
"The need to improve and preserve existing properties with energy efficient materials and help communities maintain their affordable housing stock is clear," said Elizabeth K. Warn , President of the TD Charitable Foundation and senior vice president of community development for TD Bank. "We are pleased that we are able to help thousands of people from Maine to Florida continue to have a place to call their own , and make it more sustainable and Earth friendly for the future."
The 2010 "Housing for Everyone" grant competition focused on capital improvements to affordable housing. Organizations were required to have tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status and to develop or maintain affordable housing, or provide housing-related programs and services to very low-, low- and moderate-income individuals or families.
About the TD Charitable Foundation
The TD Charitable Foundation is the charitable giving arm of TD Bank N.A., which operates as TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®, and is one of the 15 largest commercial banking organizations in the United States. The Foundation's mission is to serve the individuals, families and businesses in all the communities where TD Bank operates, having made over $66.4 million in charitable donations since its inception in 2002. The efforts of the Foundation are coordinated locally through TD Bank's community relations departments and are focused on the areas of affordable housing, education and financial literacy, and the environment. More information on the TD Charitable Foundation, including an online grant application, is available at www.TDBank.com.
SOURCE TD Charitable Foundation
More by this Source
TD Charitable Foundation Surpasses $100 Million in Grants to Non-Profit Organizations
Apr 25, 2013, 09:57 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.