"The trust between the consumer and car dealer is truly broken. With car sales moving to online, there is an urgent demand for car dealers to regain the customer's trust by becoming more transparent and fully compliant with federal regulations," said Max Zanan, President of TDC. "This certification ensures that the dealership adopted a code of ethics and adheres to the federal advertising guidelines, reinforcing a dealers' personal commitment to quality service and high ethical standards."
To be awarded a certification badge, dealerships will need to ensure the following:
- A robust policy to safeguard customers' non-public information through means of physical and electronical security
- Written Policies and Procedures that instill a culture of compliance
- Respects customers' privacy and does not resell the information to 3rd parties.
- Robust Identity Theft Prevention Program
- Adopted and adheres to a Code of Ethics
- Does not engage in deceptive trade practices
- Adheres to Advertising Guidelines
- Does not practice aggressive sales tactics
- Conducts regular compliance training for all employees
"As the nation's leader in auto dealer compliance solutions and services, we are so proud to finally be able to provide such confidence to customers when they are looking to make such an investment," said Zanan. "Auto dealerships should proactively seek this certification, while customers should be looking for that badge on the dealers' website."
About Total Dealer Compliance
Total Dealer Compliance is an auditing firm that provides a comprehensive solution to ensure car dealers are fully compliant with Federal regulations within Sales, BDC, F&I, Fixed Ops, HR and IT departments. For more information, please visit www.totaldealercompliance.com or call 1-888-243-5204.
Media Contact: North 6th Agency, Inc. (For TDC)
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/tdc-launches-certification-badge-car-dealerships-mark-of-confidence-300411335.html
SOURCE Total Dealer Compliance