Teachers' Insurance Awards over $10,000 in Enrichment Grants to Toms River Regional Schools
RED BANK, N.J., April 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Plymouth Rock Assurance — Teachers' Insurance Plan of NJ joined the Toms River Regional Schools Board of Education Meeting on April 16 to honor the district's recipients of Teachers' Insurance enrichment grants. As part of its ongoing support of New Jersey's educational community, Teachers' Insurance donated over $10,000 to fund 14 grant proposals submitted by Toms River educators.
The winning projects were:
- "Issues and Controversies to Help Stimulate Critical Thinking" by Diane Harz, Donald Stellhorn, and Alison Mika of Toms River High School East
- "BrainPOP" by Amanda Scanlon of Intermediate East Middle School
- "Special Prom" by Shane McCloskey and Frances Crowell of Toms River High School East
- "Future Careers in Graphic Design" by Susan Werner and Beth Basile of Toms River High School East
- "Outdoor Learning Center: Part 1 Butterfly Garden" by Cherri Worth and Donna Matlosz of Intermediate South Middle School
- "Sculpture Garden: Treasures and Totems" by Melissa Niemierowski, Allison Berman, Jess Pomeroy, and Kevin McCormick of Intermediate East Middle School
- "Battle of the Books" by Kim Biehler and Jean High of Intermediate North Middle School
- "Claymation Public Service Announcements" by Kevin McCormick of Intermediate East Middle School
- "Letters Alive in Kindergarten" by Jaime Johnston, Heather Bieber, Michele Britton, Melinda D'Addario, Lisa Marino, Maryann LoGrasso, and Tracey Squirini of Walnut Street Elementary School
- "iPod Literature: Because of Winn Dixie Project" by Mary Hammill of East Dover Elementary
- "Project E.A.S.E." by Candice Waszkiewicz of Toms River High School North
- "Incorporating Original Microbiology Research as a STEM Initiative in the Authentic Science Research Program" by Pamela Dixon Kuhn of Toms River High School North
- "Ready Set Read!" by Jennifer Gottlieb of North Dover Elementary
- "Technology in Speech and Language" by Laura Wenz of North Dover Elementary
"Teachers' Insurance is honored to support such creative interdisciplinary projects in Toms River classrooms," said Marc V. Buro, President, Teachers Auto Insurance Company of New Jersey. "We are truly impressed by how passionate these educators are about engaging students in inventive ways. We can't wait to hear the results of the projects."
The Toms River enrichment grants are the latest contributions made by Teachers' Insurance under the company's longstanding allegiance to New Jersey's educators. To date, Teachers' Insurance has donated $168,000 in grants, scholarships, and incentives across 21 school districts. All New Jersey school districts are invited to join the Teachers' Insurance no-cost Preferred Partner program for access to grants, student scholarships, and more.
"There are no companies like Teachers' Insurance that support our teachers in such a meaningful way," said Ben Giovine, President, Toms River Board of Education. "On behalf of the entire Board of Education, I would like to thank Teachers' Insurance for giving our teachers resources to positively impact their students in unique ways."
About Teachers' Insurance
Teachers Auto Insurance Company of New Jersey provides low rates and exclusive auto insurance services to active and retired employees of New Jersey licensed educational facilities, members of the New Jersey Parent Teacher Association (NJPTA), other members of the educational community, and their household family members who reside in New Jersey. Learn more at plymouthrocknj.com/teachers.
SOURCE Plymouth Rock Assurance
More by this Source
Plymouth Rock Cracks Down on Insurance Fraud in New Jersey to Protect Drivers
Oct 30, 2013, 16:43 ET
Young Drivers Offer New Insights Into Dangerous Distracted Driving Behavior In New Jersey
Sep 03, 2013, 12:45 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.