Quotes on the teacher shortage include –
- "Reaffirm teaching as a noble profession" – Dr. Matthew Lynch
- "Give them some room to iterate and experiment" – Jaime Casp
- "Alternative certification programs exist to help" – Dave Saba
- "Long term solutions to the teacher shortage require policy solutions" – Chad Aldeman
- "Stop treating the problem in a generic way" – Dan Goldhaber
- "Teachers spend less time on low value things and more on high value instruction" – Rick Hess
- "Create conditions where more teachers stay in the profession" – Richard Kahlenberg
The Teachers of Tomorrow team will continue to create new content to help leaders address the very specific issues surrounding the teacher talent pipeline on their website. The next resources will provide very specific ways to become a teacher today. With an eye on the highest-need areas, they will also launch information on how to become a math teacher or become a special education teacher considering almost all schools have a need in these subject areas.
The site has already seen significant traffic by those looking to enter the teaching profession and those who want to help ensure schools get the talent they need.
About Teachers of Tomorrow (www.TeachersofTomorrow.org)
Teachers of Tomorrow is the largest, fastest growing Teacher Certification Program in the nation, delivering online and in-person training to prospective teachers. Teachers of Tomorrow is also the #2 most diverse teacher preparation program in the country with 46% non-white enrollment. Over the last 11 years, Teachers of Tomorrow has certified more than 42,000 new teachers, and in 2016 the Company trained and certified an estimated 7,000 teachers who started working in schools across the country. Teachers of Tomorrow is an approved teacher certification provider in Texas, Florida, and Nevada and provides preparation content in Utah.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/teachers-of-tomorrow-focused-on-critical-teacher-shortage-300382062.html
SOURCE Teachers of Tomorrow