TeamHealth Names 2013 Medical Directors of the Year
KNOXVILLE, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TeamHealth, one of the nation's largest providers of outsourced physician staffing solutions for hospitals, has named its 2013 Medical Directors of the Year for Emergency Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Anesthesia and Urgent Care. Selected by TeamHealth's operating division presidents, 13 individuals were recognized for excellence in physician leadership.
"We are very proud to announce our 2013 Medical Directors of the Year," said Gar LaSalle, MD, FACEP, national chief medical officer for TeamHealth. "They all distinguish themselves and are recognized within their communities as exemplary physicians who always go above and beyond. Through their outstanding medical and business leadership, each individual personifies our organization's mission to provide quality, efficiency and exceptional patient care for our hospital clients and the patients and families we serve."
The 2013 emergency medicine honorees are:
- Chris Atkins, MD – medical director of the emergency department at Piedmont Mountainside Hospital in Jasper, Ga.
- Alberto M. de la Rivaherrera, MD – medical director of the emergency department at Naples Community Hospital in Naples, Fla.
- David Douglas, MD – medical director of the emergency department at Baptist Health Corbin in Corbin, Ky.
- Scott Grupas, DO – medical director of the emergency department at Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital in Newport, Ore.
- Deric Jones, MD – medical director of the emergency department at DCH Regional Medical Center in Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Matt Ledges, MD – medical director of the emergency department at Banner Health North Colorado Medical Center in Greeley, Colo.
- Marcus Romanello, MD – medical director of the emergency department at Fort Hamilton Hospital in Hamilton, Ohio
- Chad Ross, DO – medical director of the emergency department at Ponca City Medical Center in Ponca City, Okla.
- Rene Saunders, MD – medical director of the emergency department at Southern Tennessee Medical Center in Winchester, Tenn.
- Rick Stephani, MD – medical director of the emergency department at Alexian Brothers Medical Center in Elk Grove Village, Ill.
The 2013 Hospital Medicine honoree is:
- Xavier Perez, MD – Sutter Solano Medical Center in Vallejo, Calif.
The 2013 Anesthesia honoree is:
- Scott McBride, MD – Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center in Portland, Ore.
The 2013 Urgent Care honoree is:
- Joseph Chow, MD – medical director at Western New York Immediate Care in Buffalo, N.Y.
These winners are among the more than 8,900 healthcare professionals affiliated with TeamHealth.
TeamHealth (Knoxville, Tenn.) (NYSE: TMH) is one of the largest providers of outsourced physician staffing solutions for hospitals in the United States. Through its 18 regional locations and multiple service lines, TeamHealth's more than 8,900 affiliated healthcare professionals provide emergency medicine, hospital medicine, anesthesia, urgent care, and pediatric staffing and management services to more than 800 civilian and military hospitals, clinics, and physician groups in 47 states. The term "TeamHealth" as used throughout this release includes Team Health, Inc., and all of its related entities, divisions, subsidiaries and affiliated physicians and physician groups. For more information about TeamHealth, visit www.teamhealth.com.
Vice President, Communications
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.