WASHINGTON, April 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Organized by TechConnect and in support of the White House and Congressional call for innovation commercialization initiatives, the National Innovation Summit and Showcase (NISS) will take place May 12-16, 2013, just outside the nation's capital at the Gaylord National Hotel & Convention Center in National Harbor, MD.
The co-located National Innovation Summit, the National SBIR Conference and the TechConnect World Conference has put together a world-class set of innovations, speakers, partnering and acceleration programs during the four day event in May. Program specifics include a two-day National Innovation Showcase with hundreds of vetted breakthrough technologies, over 50 federal funding agencies, corporate strategic interest panels, and a three-day intensive SBIR program with representation from most every agency commercialization office. Topping off this week of programs will be a premier roster of innovation to commercialization keynote presenters including:
- Todd Park, Chief Technology Officer, The White House
- United States Senator Mary Landrieu, Louisiana
- Keynote Panel The Future of American Innovation, featuring Congressman Randy Hultgren-Illinois, Sharon Burke- Assistant Secretary of Defense for Operations Energy Plans & Programs, Department of Defense; Robert Atkinson, The Information Technology & Innovation Foundation. Moderated by Bart Gordon, K&L Gates, Former Representative, Tennessee
- Jens Rieger, PhD, Senior Vice President, Advanced Materials and Systems Research - Technology Incubation, BASF SE
- Louis Christodoulou, Director, Structures and Materials, Enterprise Technology Strategy, Boeing
- Associate Professor Omid Farokhzad, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School
"We are extremely proud of the stellar line-up of National innovation leaders that will be keynoting this year in Washington DC. The National Innovation Summit, and its co-located SBIR National Conference, are structured to accelerate the commercialization of breakthrough technologies, and we are privileged to have the participation of an elite set of academic, corporate, Congressional and White House luminaries that are catalyzing American technology development and commercialization," notes Dr. Matthew Laudon, CEO of TechConnect.
To learn more about the National Innovation Summit, visit: www.nationalinnovationsummit.com.
About TechConnect (www.techconnect.org):
TechConnect is a global technology outreach & development organization. Through our innovative programs and conferences, we deliver the most promising technologies to the world's top corporate, investment, and government professionals. TechConnect is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts and Danville, California.
About the National Innovation Summit & Showcase (www.nationalinnovationsummit.com):
TechConnect presents the National Innovation Summit & Showcase, the nation's top innovations emerging from our federal technology funding programs. All showcasing innovations are vetted by our industry and investment review Committees, and all will participate the TechConnect Corporate Acceleration and Matchmaking Programs with our participating Corporate and Investment Partners.
Jennifer Rocha, TechConnect