ATLANTA, Jan. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Atlanta Tech Village (the Village), the Southeast's largest co-working and office environment for emerging technology companies and tech startups, today reveals its major achievements experienced in 2015. Three years in, the Village is a thriving hub for collaboration and innovation for startups across the Southeast, and one of the top 10 tech hubs in the U.S.
Achievements over the course of 2015 include:
- An increase in membership by 26.5%
- $250+ million capital raised by Village startups
- 43 Village startups achieved six figures in funding or ARR (Annual Recurring Revenue)
- 21 Village startups achieved seven figures in funding or ARR
- Two intern fairs, which connected more than 600 students with job opportunities at 97 tech companies
- 433 events and meetups hosted at the Village
- Two companies graduated from the Village after outgrowing their space – Yik Yak and ClockwiseMD
- 100+ pitches were made to investors and Fortune 500 companies including Coca-Cola and Turner
- 45 Startup Chowdown's hosted where 10,672 meals were served to entrepreneurs
"As the numbers show, 2015 was another exciting year for the Village," explains David Cummings, founder, Atlanta Tech Village. "We are continuously encouraged by not only our members and the amazing and innovative ideas that come out of our four walls, but also by how the startup community in Atlanta has poured into our members – providing them counsel, support and more importantly, a path to success."
As one of the fastest growing technology startup centers and co-working communities in the Southeast, the Village is dedicated to fostering innovation and collaboration and driving economic development in the Atlanta community and beyond.
"We are looking forward to 2016 and the promise it holds for our hard working Village and the startup community of our great city. It's our mission to dream big and foster growth in and outside of our walls," Cummings concludes.
To learn more about Atlanta Tech Village's 2015 achievements, please visit its blog, here.
About Atlanta Tech Village
The Atlanta Tech Village (the Village) is a community of technology innovation powered by a 103,000 square foot office building in the heart of Buckhead dedicated to fostering the growth of new, disruptive technology startups. As one of the fastest growing technology startup centers and co-working communities in the Southeast, the Village is dedicated to fostering innovation, encouraging collaboration and driving economic development in the Atlanta community and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.atlantatechvillage.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/technology-innovation-hub-announces-achievements-from-past-year-300200308.html
SOURCE Atlanta Tech Village